British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

I am a bit confused?

I remember reading Martin Dugard and his son Connor were stepping down to look after the stadium.

Then a new Management Team was announced around Christmas time to look after the Speedway part of the business.

This announcement seems to be about the Stadium and not the Speedway Team?

Is John Cook managing the stadium and the team?

Edited by HGould
clarify between stadium and team

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I am a bit confused?

I remember reading Martin Dugard and his son Connor were stepping down to look after the stadium.

Then a new Management Team was announced around Christmas time to look after the Speedway part of the business.

This announcement seems to be about the Stadium and not the Speedway Team?

Is John Cook managing the stadium and the team?

The way it looks to me is..

Martin Dugard and Jon Cook now lease the stadium from the Dugard family, they both have control over the venue and can promote what they want having payed the lease on the venue to the owners.

Eastbourne Speedway have moved up to the championship under the management of Jon Cook and Ian Jordan.

I would think that Dugard/Cook are going to promote the stadium, stock cars, speedway and what ever they want to do so they can fund speedway, which at this present time is not really sustainable.

• Like 2

Thank you for clarifying MD.

Good Luck.

Seems to be a lot of good and positive news coming out of Eastbourne at the moment.

• Like 1

Talking of positive news, this morning Eastbourne have announced that we are teaming up with Corperate Connection, a top merchandising company. The company will also be creating an online club shop.

https://www.eastbourneeagles.co/news-1/2019/1/19/qn34qpv7uy9xfohtxog3h73h7jr2lm

Edited by eaglesno1

When you think the Eagles nearly ceased to be 4 year's ago, think the exciting steps Dugard, Cook and Jordon have taken in the current economic and speedway climate deserves to be applauded and be successful. I'll be expecting to do as many meetings as I can this season despite my 100 mile plus round trip. 

• Like 2

Eastbourne have a solid 1-7 for racing and now they are building strong foundations on which to launch that team.

Oodles of news still coming out --- all of it commercial – putting the club on a sound footing. Some very hard work is being done behind the scenes.

• Like 2

First chance for Eagles fans to see Ed Kennett in action at Arlington will be on Saturday 26th January when he is racing in the Bangers Champion of Champions event. Wish he would build a Superstox or 1300cc Stock Car as he was always good in the Rookie Rods when he raced them and has proved how good he is in contact racing over the years in the Bangers. 

6 hours ago, Chris116 said:

First chance for Eagles fans to see Ed Kennett in action at Arlington will be on Saturday 26th January when he is racing in the Bangers Champion of Champions event. Wish he would build a Superstox or 1300cc Stock Car as he was always good in the Rookie Rods when he raced them and has proved how good he is in contact racing over the years in the Bangers. 

Good silencer as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On an initial look, and I can't remember too much about the old one to be frank, so it must have been average  that new one looks like it has raised the bar for everyone. The TV part (Eagles TV) alone looks like it is packed with some great archive film.

Good to see that the new Management down there are having a real go, on and off the track.

Our Brummies website is fine, a bit functional but not on a par now with what you have got now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HGould said:

On an initial look, and I can't remember too much about the old one to be frank, so it must have been average  that new one looks like it has raised the bar for everyone. The TV part (Eagles TV) alone looks like it is packed with some great archive film.

Good to see that the new Management down there are having a real go, on and off the track.

Our Brummies website is fine, a bit functional but not on a par now with what you have got now. 

Looks like there is still more to come from the Eagles.

The club did so well at NL (as did Brummmies)and now really putting in the work to become a force in the middle tier. Exciting times to be an Eastbourne fan.

Edit: Should have said, I wish Brummies well - the David Mason link, of course, and boy did we have some battles in the NL. 

Edited by Richard Weston

5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

More super stuff from Eastbourne. Cracking new website. Huge improvement - beyond measure, to be honest.

I've just seen this. 

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com

Just had a study of it, as you say it's a cracking site, so sharp, clear and informative. 

Great stuff from the Eastbourne Eagles...yet more news today.

The way the club is keeping fans in the picture is brilliant; perhaps my "other" club, King's Lynn, might like to take note.

There is a bit says you are making a new signing on Friday. Already got 1-7??? any idea who it might be?

2 hours ago, HGould said:

There is a bit says you are making a new signing on Friday. Already got 1-7??? any idea who it might be?

No idea. Keeps us on our toes, doesn't it. BWD?