Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HGould said:

He is in Poland on 25th with the others in U21 Semi Finals that night as 3 different meetings across Europe. If he rides at Glasgow tomorrow and Eastbourne Saturday he gets his 4/4 to get proper average and on current numbers would be 4th highest average on 25th May when he could be replaced by a Guest or RR. 

:oops: sorry getting my weekends and matches mixed up, I'll go and lie down now!

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, number6 said:

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

On an average of 2.54 he's been thrown to the wolves in the middle order and on a hiding to nothing. You can't expect an average reserve to perform as anything else regardless of what number you put on his back. He may get a shot at reserve later in the year but its going to be a hard season for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, number6 said:

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

 

2 minutes ago, MD said:

On an average of 2.54 he's been thrown to the wolves in the middle order and on a hiding to nothing. You can't expect an average reserve to perform as anything else regardless of what number you put on his back. He may get a shot at reserve later in the year but its going to be a hard season for him.

Bowtell will move to reserve after tomorrow's meeting so should be easier for him after that. Tom will move into the main body where it will be tough for him but should find it easier to score points than Alfie has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Alfie was worth more than what he scored tonight his tussle with sarj was great to watch quick out the gate and a few mistakes caused him points 

Edited by mac101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seen Bowtell a few times this season, fast starter and I think a very good propsect.

Missing an NL berth to give him confidence like and will thrive at reserve I think.

If Eastie could find a replacement for Morley would be very potent away not just at home.

I understand why he rides 3 and gets Kerr in to Heat 14.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for alfie. The hyperbole from the early season fans has vanished.

Theyve used way too many points on kennetts average and thats the main stumbling block, you end up with 4 reserves and still under the points limit.

The side would have more balance with brennan in main body , morley was a dreadful signing pre season average wise .

The promotion have been telling everybody crowds are up so can afford to make a change if needed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

I feel sorry for alfie. The hyperbole from the early season fans has vanished.

Theyve used way too many points on kennetts average and thats the main stumbling block, you end up with 4 reserves and still under the points limit.

The side would have more balance with brennan in main body , morley was a dreadful signing pre season average wise .

The promotion have been telling everybody crowds are up so can afford to make a change if needed

 

Spot on unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

I feel sorry for alfie. The hyperbole from the early season fans has vanished.

Theyve used way too many points on kennetts average and thats the main stumbling block, you end up with 4 reserves and still under the points limit.

The side would have more balance with brennan in main body , morley was a dreadful signing pre season average wise .

The promotion have been telling everybody crowds are up so can afford to make a change if needed

 

So who would you put in. You've built a team to do well at Eastbourne to bring in the crowds and stabilise the club and it seems to be working. If you were losing at home on a regular basis then yes try to change but as I've said before who do you bring in. Your boys were up against a good team that picked former Tigers as guests and who didn't let us down. Read the Glasgow v eagles thread even the ref thought it was a good match. So go along tonight support your team and I'm sure you'll get a good victory 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kennett won't be on a 10 point average all season, it will gradually reduce due to being inconsistent away from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MD said:

Kennett won't be on a 10 point average all season, it will gradually reduce due to being inconsistent away from home.

Couldnt believe Kennet's average when I saw it in last night's programme .when was he ever a 10.5 rider? Young Brennon is a major prospect , Bowtell is on a hiding to nothing riding at 3 , while Morley is just rubbish . The long tail won't bring the Eagles many away points , but they'll be solid enough at home . If we could somehow get a point there tonight  I'd be delighted . Is it the same team management duo tonight for Eastbourne by any chance ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MD said:

Kennett won't be on a 10 point average all season, it will gradually reduce due to being inconsistent away from home.

Doesn’t matter - you still won’t have any wriggle room for changes unless they are like for like I would imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Couldnt believe Kennet's average when I saw it in last night's programme .when was he ever a 10.5 rider? Young Brennon is a major prospect , Bowtell is on a hiding to nothing riding at 3 , while Morley is just rubbish . The long tail won't bring the Eagles many away points , but they'll be solid enough at home . If we could somehow get a point there tonight  I'd be delighted . Is it the same team management duo tonight for Eastbourne by any chance ? 

He wasn't. It is his converted average based upon his starting figure for Rye House in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, number6 said:

I am sorry but I feel Alfie is not performing for the role of a number 3 I think Lewi should be number 3 

The reason is that it gives Eastbourne a strong hitter in heat 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson dean would have fitted for morley prior to any 4h 4a by all accounts, him at 3, brennan 2 and bowtell at 7 and that one change makes Eastbourne a different side.

Bowtells doing really well considering he is the lamb on a spit.

Look at the 4 riders, scott nicholls, schlein, bomber and kennett and tell me who has the highest starting average but is the worst of the 4 .

Dress it up however you want but that's the reason eastie have 4 reserves in the side .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy