Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

Recommended Posts

Very good question actually. I thought Kennett was a certainty but with the Rye House results expunged and no sight of him on any of the 2018 final averages does he revert to his 2017 finishing figure? 

Certainly no expert in these matters but with no 2018 Champ average its x1.5 for 2019 so Ted could either be available on 5.58x1.5 = 8.37 or 6.39x1.5 = 9.58  (or most likely neither of those) BUT one looks good value at Champ level and one looks expensive.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lawson

Bowtell

Bridger (6.59?)

Kerr

Kennett (8.5?)

Brennan

Wood

 

Like the look of that team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Will Brennan, Wood and Bowtell also race in the NL?

Time will tell but suspect Wood will focus on Championship likewise Bowtell plus they are almost ruled out of NL due to high averages. Think Brennan will get extra laps in the lower tier though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

 

Lewis Bridger?

Please Please  not.   

I spent so much time defending him in his wild Elite days and he kept letting us down despite his obvious talent. With the new found club and team spirit of the last four years it would be a disaster in my opinion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Very good question actually. I thought Kennett was a certainty but with the Rye House results expunged and no sight of him on any of the 2018 final averages does he revert to his 2017 finishing figure? 

Certainly no expert in these matters but with no 2018 Champ average its x1.5 for 2019 so Ted could either be available on 5.58x1.5 = 8.37 or 6.39x1.5 = 9.58  (or most likely neither of those) BUT one looks good value at Champ level and one looks expensive.

It will be his starting average for Rye House x 1.5, 9.58 but with the 2.5% applied, 9.34. Which one is expensive?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tocha said:

It will be his starting average for Rye House x 1.5, 9.58 but with the 2.5% applied, 9.34. Which one is expensive?

Much appreciated i forgot about the pesky reduction. I think 9.34 is a bit high although i think he would dominate around Eastbourne im not sure there is much improvement left in that average?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Time will tell but suspect Wood will focus on Championship likewise Bowtell plus they are almost ruled out of NL due to high averages. Think Brennan will get extra laps in the lower tier though.

I think it would do Georgie Wood good to still race at NL level, preferably on a larger track in the south..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think it would do Georgie Wood good to still race at NL level, preferably on a larger track in the south..

Whilst i agree that it would benefit Georgie to ride Nl as well this season "i suspect" he won't. Largely because the cut in points limit means his average is very high for any team to accommodate plus i fear he would have trouble keeping his machinery up to scratch if he was competing in two leagues full time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed.   Good luck to Martin and Connor, who've both done a tremendous job in the 4 years the Eagles were in the National League.  The club has definitely been re energised under their leadership and it's great to see plenty of young faces at Arlington these days (and plenty of trophies :) )

They'll be regulars there anyway plus Martin looking after Tom Brennan will be a real plus.

2019 looks exciting and an interesting young team being built whilst protecting some of our other assets.  Going to be wonderfully odd not being a neutral at he Championship Pairs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id imagine lawson and ellis would be 2 of the 3 left how much would be for the last rider? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real surprises  other than Kerr.

 

Maybe promoter Cook will rename the side the Eastbourne Hammers to try and lure some of the ex Hammers fans down to support the opposisiton  :lol:

They shoudl be nigh on invincible on their tricky little track at Arlington.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy