British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Eastbourne 2019

I have been thinking of next year's team for a while and came up with Wood and Bowtell at reserve and Brennan and Newman as second strings.

The big question for me was No 1.    Kennett may be local but I would go for Lawson.

Signing Kerr rather restricts options for me as those six will be around 33.5 points and unless the limit is increased not leave enough for the final heat leader.

Of course they could sacrifice Wood for Edwards which might let BWD back.

The important thing is to get a more balanced side next year

i was thinking wood/ edwards at bottom, newman/ brennan / kerr ( hopefully they might give brennan a bit of a reduction) , prefer lawson to kennett all day long and one other. The no2 position is very important and next season hopefully kyle or tom might be in it

I can see the points limit being reduced next season, to accommodate teams potentially moving up, in both leagues.

1 hour ago, Hunters said:

I have been thinking of next year's team for a while and came up with Wood and Bowtell at reserve and Brennan and Newman as second strings.

The big question for me was No 1.    Kennett may be local but I would go for Lawson.

Signing Kerr rather restricts options for me as those six will be around 33.5 points and unless the limit is increased not leave enough for the final heat leader.

Of course they could sacrifice Wood for Edwards which might let BWD back.

The important thing is to get a more balanced side next year

After the match last night they did say they would like Edwards back apparently, sure he'll be one of the reserves anyway. 

Prefer racesuits think they look more professional and with Connor Dugard and JCProracewear its a win win. 

I love Lewi Kerr, tough as nails and a nice bloke so glad to see him fixed up anywhere and think he will improve further next year. Newman offers value on an average year on year but somehow always seems to finish on almost the same number and doesn't really offer any level of improvement. Brennan will be back but the rest seems unlikely, be daft to give Bowtell or Wood another go and not sure the value is in either Kennett or Lawson. So would be expecting something like

1. TBC

2. Nichol

3.Brennan

4.Newman

5.Kerr

6.Spiller

7.Edwards

Whose pit-board went for the largest amount on sat night ?!?

If Kennett isn’t included might then be lost to the sport and that is not good.

The points limit needs to be reduced as it’s causing too many youngsters to struggle and reduce ‘doubling up’.

23 minutes ago, GWC said:

If Kennett isn’t included might then be lost to the sport and that is not good.

The points limit needs to be reduced as it’s causing too many youngsters to struggle and reduce ‘doubling up’.

Wrong thread ? Perhaps should be in the Eastbourne 2020 ?

On 9/29/2019 at 8:25 AM, ruckerroo said:

i was thinking wood/ edwards at bottom, newman/ brennan / kerr ( hopefully they might give brennan a bit of a reduction) , prefer lawson to kennett all day long and one other. The no2 position is very important and next season hopefully kyle or tom might be in it

I wouldn't rule out Georgie myself for next year..

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, M.D said:

I wouldn't rule out Georgie myself for next year..

cost IOW and Play Off chance, cost Eastbourne an excellent KOCup Final chance and probably the Cup, crap attitude to the Teams and supporters who pay his wages.

what's to like?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HGould said:

cost IOW and Play Off chance, cost Eastbourne an excellent KOCup Final chance and probably the Cup, crap attitude to the Teams and supporters who pay his wages.

what's to like?

In my opinion, before he received his ban it was clear that he was riding with an injury, on the Eagles' northern tour and at the home meeting the following week, he didn't look comfortable on the bike. During and after that is when he missed meetings for the IOW (because he wasn't fully fit) and therefore got the ban. It was said that he had a reoccurring injury from a crash earlier in the season and this is why he got the ban because it wasn't a 'new' injury, so I don't think it was a crap attitude, he just needed time to recover.

Georgie is still very popular at Eastbourne, over the whole season he has been the most entertaining rider at home. I, along with a lot of other Eagles fans, would be disappointed not to see him included next year. If he could convert some of his home form to away meetings next year he could be a very useful rider (especially if he starts at reserve).

Edited by eaglesno1

Wood has pulled out of the National league riders championship to ride Grasstrack,,,?....that and other unrealiable. actions have shown up his lack of real commitment to Speedway....Pity he definitely has ability......