British Speedway Forum
Big Al

The Big Spenders

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

At least £50k loss I think.

Makes you wonder why they bother with some of the losses these promoters are left with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If you are going to attempt smugness at least do it with facts , it is the POSSIL Man City Tigers.

It’s unreasonable to expect anyone to be familiar with the location of ALL of Glasgow’s rubbishholes Gaz. 

5 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

It’s unreasonable to expect anyone to be familiar with the location of ALL of Glasgow’s rubbishholes Gaz. 

Hahaha Sighthill in Edinburgh makes Possil look like Newton Mearns.

Infact the council pay the tenants to live in Sighthill.

13 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

At least £50k loss I think.

what makes you THINK that ? thinking out loud is dangerous and can damage your local team . 

33 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Cookie won't have come cheap and if he has signed on for 2019 then i would doubt it would be for less money. Don't know how accurate this is but £200 a point with sponsorship were figures for last season.

It was strongly rumoured that Bomber was on a £2K guarantee .

The wage bill must have signigicantly contributed to the losses reported by Glasgow yet it would appear the practice continues regardless of what was said at the AGM.

plenty rumours from all sorts of places cookie was on £2000 a meeting 

9 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

plenty rumours from all sorts of places cookie was on £2000 a meeting 

That is absolute rubbish, he was on £20,000 a meeting allowing him to get some decent machinery which resulted in him starting to become competitive in the Grand prix and just failing in a run-off in the GP qualifier :drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

That is absolute rubbish, he was on £20,000 a meeting allowing him to get some decent machinery which resulted in him starting to become competitive in the Grand prix and just failing in a run-off in the GP qualifier :drink:

You have opened a can of worms here, they will be on here soon foaming at the mouth demanding we are banished to the Siberian salt mines.

Edited by Gazc

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

you can joke all you like but the rumours were strong and from people who might actually know 

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Hahaha Sighthill in Edinburgh makes Possil look like Newton Mearns.

Infact the council pay the tenants to live in Sighthill.

Lay off the buckie Gaz

1 minute ago, JanAnderson said:

Lay off the buckie Gaz

Never drank it before is it nice?.

Got to love some of the Rumours, various sources ,heard from a reliable source my mate says, people in the know, even  I can show you there wage slips lol  what a load of bullsh1t unless a rider comes on here and tells you what they earn which I can’t see people should state facts not fairy tales not hear say it’s went from  £100 to £200 a point to £1000 a meeting to £1200 now £2000 a meeting to the whole team on a guarantee lol lol  by the time the season starts they will be all millionaire with secret offshore bank accounts and pretty sure if it was that pay scale every single rider would be queuing outside Allied head quarters the day after the season finishes begging for a team spot for the following year and before they agree to ride for any other team but not happened yet 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Big Al said:

Laura Morgan in SS accusing two clubs of acting irresponsibly by making over-lucrative offers to riders but declined to name the clubs.

Who did she have in mind? And if what she says is true, shouldn't those clubs be in the Premier League?

Don't they say something about glasshouses and stones? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

You have opened a can of worms here, they will be on here soon foaming at the mouth demanding we are banished to the Siberian salt mines.

Hope you keep good health yourself marra coz you seem to be taking the lead in keyboard sledgeing on behalf of Glasgee, and that must surely affect your blood pressure at the very least??

Anyway re Glasgow's appeal (we've all read it) for volunteers to help out in 2019. It just seems to me that the cash flow is not exactly oozing, or said appeal wouldn't have been made???

Regarding attendances at the salubrious Ashfield..... I won't be able to give concrete evidence... but, your Scottish friend(s) most certainly said at one meeting this Summer you had 350 watching...I could trawl for it but stuff that for a lark...it was a written fact on this very forum tho...so don't knock others appealing for bigger crowds marra.

Regarding the salt mines....are they still running?....

Oh re the hard knock living crew, man city (yuk) whatever....are they the ones who provoked Tigers staff to enter the pub we were sat in and announce "best we move our cars off the surrounding streets into the lockable compound next to stadium"????.......roll on April 2019 'til proper action starts.