British Speedway Forum
Big Al

The Big Spenders

9 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Was he Chinese 

Might have been but he was hardly whispering it announcing it over the mic.

She told me another big announcement next week on how much we are paying for bleach to clean the toilets.

Its shocking and a scandal allegedly watch this space.

Edited by Gazc

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Apparentley my Mrs told me he announced it just before he shouted house.

now come on don't be shy 

theres plenty of blokes go to bingo this days and age 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

now come on don't be shy 

theres plenty of blokes go to bingo this days and age 

Oops.

Glasgow say 2019 could be the last year they could take £100,000 losses.

We need to see which riders they have signed but my guess will be new riders all on top money again with massive bonus payments again all cherry picked from other clubs by dangling massive signing fees again.

That's the only reason why I don't want Glasgow to win anything at all. They are great fans but I'm not into this fantasy speedway team building.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, H20 said:

We need to see which riders they have signed but my guess will be new riders all on top money again with massive bonus payments again all cherry picked from other clubs by dangling massive signing fees again.

That's the only reason why I don't want Glasgow to win anything at all. They are great fans but I'm not into this fantasy speedway team building.

it is good to see someone who has only posted 28 times since joining in 2014 adding their educated opinion on Glasgow. Good to know we are worth talking about  and that Laura Morgan has such an excellent fan base.

1 hour ago, H20 said:

enter gazc , stage right .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jenga said:

enter gazc , stage right .

What is the point the haters are going to hate , lets see how our team looks first but I suspect there will be some needing a prescription to reduce blood pressure.

The meltdown is going to be truly hilarious I can't wait. 

• Haha 1

could be the meltdown of all meltdowns if the team wins jack . looked really good for the last 3 seasons and then something happens . but one day it will give the fruits of labour .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

could be the meltdown of all meltdowns if the team wins jack . looked really good for the last 3 seasons and then something happens . but one day it will give the fruits of labour .

It will be what it will be.

Glasgow fans getting themselves a bit Leeds Utd. Wait until they go another season without a trophy while spending a fortune on wages. Not unlike another sporting side in the weej. 

All the talk about The Scottish Tigers ,we all know they pay more money per point,signing on fees etc but they can still only build there team to the same average as other teams . Who ever they get will be the best dressed,best bikes but speedway is a team sport and until they pull together as a team on and off track they will never win anything 

They will never win anything until they all pull together as I can't see the brothers continuing slinging big bucks for mediocrity every year ,a top four finish is a must  as every team raises the game against them ,this from a Scunny fan who witnessed the best team ever set up last year only for it to be ravaged by injury  so the best side have to be lucky with injuries too .

13 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

All the talk about The Scottish Tigers ,we all know they pay more money per point,signing on fees etc but they can still only build there team to the same average as other teams . Who ever they get will be the best dressed,best bikes but speedway is a team sport and until they pull together as a team on and off track they will never win anything 

They will never win anything until they all pull together as I can't see the brothers continuing slinging big bucks for mediocrity every year ,a top four finish is a must  as every team raises the game against them ,this from a Scunny fan who witnessed the best team ever set up last year only for it to be ravaged by injury  so the best side have to be lucky with injuries too .

One of the sadder elements of our sport is the repeated effect of “last man standing” which sees injury wreck sides. Peterborough would be the obvious one this year, but as you say Scunthorpe also suffered. Glasgow were without Cook at a crucial time and as a Workington fan I’m still trying to work out how we covered the loss of Bewley with Proctor also out at finals time.

15 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Glasgow fans getting themselves a bit Leeds Utd. Wait until they go another season without a trophy while spending a fortune on wages. Not unlike another sporting side in the weej. 

Don't see anybody getting excited and whilst it would be nice to win a trophy it is not the end of the world is it ?. As for the other sporting side I assume you mean the worlds most successful club, you lot can only dream of winning what we have.

But how did your sell out Saturday go for you and the other insignificant SPL teams only show in town.:party:

As I say it will be what it will be.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Don't see anybody getting excited and whilst it would be nice to win a trophy it is not the end of the world is it ?. As for the other sporting side I assume you mean the worlds most successful club, you lot can only dream of winning what we have.

But how did your sell out Saturday go for you and the other insignificant SPL teams only show in town.:party:

As I say it will be what it will be.

A Tigers fan and a Rangers fan? You've not had many good days out of late huh?

List of teams who have won a trophy more recently than Rangers:

Celtic

Hibernian(!)

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Johnstone

Heart of Midlothian

Ross County

Aberdeen

St Mirren

Kilmarnock

A spent force.