British Speedway Forum
Big Al

The Big Spenders

39 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

That Sponsor just happened to be one of the club's shareholders

What club at that time Reading were subsidising the deal as they had promised him a place that season then couldn't fit him in.

Do people just write anything on here and treat it as fact, how much are Glasgow offering does anyone actually know I don't. 

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

£100000 loss positive news?

Mostly on Stadium and track  improvements as was stated. Doesn't matter how many times it is explained it just goes straight over there heads and right out the window. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liz !!! said:

Is that the same solid businessmen who highlighted their losses the day the AGM started and asked for volunteers to help the club out during the new season :S

Laura Morgan has always been honest and open about how difficult the last couple of seasons have been for her she has always said that she wont pay silly money to attract riders to her club but there is one thing for sure she has always had and will continue to have Workington Comets best interests at heart and that is probably why we are running this coming season, she most certainly does not have a chip on her shoulder !

Yes that’s the same ones - you are spot on. They were highlighting what they’ve spent and how they’d like the facilities to be used more in the upcoming season. 

Im not disputing she has the best interests of Workington at heart however the constant negativity about this club doing this and that club doing that is not really needed or helping spread positive news about speedway in general. 

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I predict this will be at least a 50 pager :).

Having just looked at some of the post's make it an 80 pager.

Aye but what percentage of the posts will be anti Glasgow from Workington fans? And will there be any new posts or just the same old rubbish that they’ve posted on the Glasgow 2019 forum page?! 

3 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Aye but what percentage of the posts will be anti Glasgow from Workington fans? And will there be any new posts or just the same old rubbish that they’ve posted on the Glasgow 2019 forum page?! 

Its not just Workington fan's now others are slavering at the mouth now to join the hate fest I think a change of tact is needed they can start there own forum the we hate the Tigers forum they can then preach to each other this could be the next big cult following.

For any haters looking in I was only joking :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, screm said:

I think the point Laura was trying to make is she had just sat round the AGM table where all clubs were agreed the importance of cost cutting, now it appears clubs are throwing money at the riders. No problem for me as there has always been the have and the have nots, and Workington proved to be the best out there last season so they have proved to others it can be done on limited budgets.

i dont think laura attended the A.G.M.i do believe  workington had tony jackson @ the agm . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

Who’s been offered inflated wages?!

Who have Glasgow signed?! What counts as inflated?

If it’s more than Workington are prepared to offer does that count as “inflated”? 

Glasgow made significant losses last year primarily due to investment in the club - track work, TV screen etc. All to enhance the spectators experience. What’s been said now is basically we’ve invested and have some top class facilities let’s fill the stadium for us all to benefit. It’s not rocket science really. Well maybe it is to some people :t:

so with a bit of luck Glasgow should make some form of profit now everything is up and running.

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

so with a bit of luck Glasgow should make some form of profit now everything is up and running.

Lets hope so - isnt that what we all want for every club?

Of course regardless of anything else a club attracting more fans will be able to offer better terms than one only pulling in 3 or 400

• Like 6

The Springburn Man City Tigers will be splashing the cash again this season in order keep their trophy run going.... hud on.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Solidmango said:

Who’s been offered inflated wages?!

Who have Glasgow signed?! What counts as inflated?

If it’s more than Workington are prepared to offer does that count as “inflated”? 

Glasgow made significant losses last year primarily due to investment in the club - track work, TV screen etc. All to enhance the spectators experience. What’s been said now is basically we’ve invested and have some top class facilities let’s fill the stadium for us all to benefit. It’s not rocket science really. Well maybe it is to some people :t:

Cookie won't have come cheap and if he has signed on for 2019 then i would doubt it would be for less money. Don't know how accurate this is but £200 a point with sponsorship were figures for last season.

It was strongly rumoured that Bomber was on a £2K guarantee .

The wage bill must have signigicantly contributed to the losses reported by Glasgow yet it would appear the practice continues regardless of what was said at the AGM.

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

Does anybody make profit in Speedway how much profit did Workington make ?.

Just now, Gazc said:

who knows ? speedway and profit do not go together in some cases . but as fans we can only pay up and enjoy our weekly fix .

11 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Cookie won't have come cheap and if he has signed on for 2019 then i would doubt it would be for less money. Don't know how accurate this is but £200 a point with sponsorship were figures for last season.

It was strongly rumoured that Bomber was on a £2K guarantee .

The wage bill must have signigicantly contributed to the losses reported by Glasgow yet it would appear the practice continues regardless of what was said at the AGM.

That’s defo chinese whispers No where near they figurers  

Edited by mac101

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

At least £50k loss I think.

15 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

The Springburn Man City Tigers will be splashing the cash again this season in order keep their trophy run going.... hud on.....

If you are going to attempt smugness at least do it with facts , it is the POSSIL Man City Tigers.

• Like 2