British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

2019 Swedish Eliteserien fixtures

Just to clarify what i know(or think i know)

1 match per week is a multi camera production and that is the match which is sold to Premier/Freesports and Poland

the other 4 matches are single camera and are only available to the ESS subscribers.

At the moment i cannot find out which match is chosen for the MCP for week 1 - i am assuming it will probably be a Tuesday match but that is only me surmising that.

11 hours ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Not now showing any speedway on the 7th May on listings.  Just Showing a meeting from Round 1 on the 9th May

Oh. It was definitely there before. Freesports are not know for their stable schedule.

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just to clarify what i know(or think i know)

1 match per week is a multi camera production and that is the match which is sold to Premier/Freesports and Poland

the other 4 matches are single camera and are only available to the ESS subscribers.

At the moment i cannot find out which match is chosen for the MCP for week 1 - i am assuming it will probably be a Tuesday match but that is only me surmising that.

I have just heard from Sweden that  all the MCP matches will be on Thursday’s therefore all the TV matches will be Thursday’s.

1st match will be Dackarna v Smederna.

It`s an interesting decision by the Swedes because as i previously have said there are several fixture clashes on Thursday`s with GB fixtures- so although Sweden do have squads they won`t be fielding their strongest teams in some TV matches !!!

Edited by racers and royals

To my mind, economically it makes sense to have the TV match on a Thursday so all the Tuesday matches will not suffer crowd wise from people staying at home to watch it on TV.  It also vastly increases the potential viewing figures TV.  I wonder if the TV schedulers realise that the odd rider might be missing due to British commitments.  The team most likely to suffer if riding on a Thursday is Rospiggarna as they have Robert Lambert, Jason Doyle, Erik Riss & Max Fricke.  Other than Bjerre at Kumla I do wonder how often the other riders competing in both leagues will be selected by their Swedish team anyway.  Other riders being:

Krystian Pieszezk - Kumla
Nikolai Klindt, Rohan Tungate - Lejonen
Nick Morris, David Bellego - Masarna
Troy Batchelor - Vetlanda

19 minutes ago, Col said:

To my mind, economically it makes sense to have the TV match on a Thursday so all the Tuesday matches will not suffer crowd wise from people staying at home to watch it on TV.  It also vastly increases the potential viewing figures TV.  I wonder if the TV schedulers realise that the odd rider might be missing due to British commitments.  The team most likely to suffer if riding on a Thursday is Rospiggarna as they have Robert Lambert, Jason Doyle, Erik Riss & Max Fricke.  Other than Bjerre at Kumla I do wonder how often the other riders competing in both leagues will be selected by their Swedish team anyway.  Other riders being:

Krystian Pieszezk - Kumla
Nikolai Klindt, Rohan Tungate - Lejonen
Nick Morris, David Bellego - Masarna
Troy Batchelor - Vetlanda

Don`t forget it`s not on TV in Sweden- the only way they can watch is taking out the ESS subscription- which again i recommend.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:52 AM, racers and royals said:

It`s all very well having priority on Thursday`s but as i posted on the Swindon thread it`s going to need a carefully worked out Premiership fixture list not to pi$$ the riders off who ride Sweden and GB. It seems like the Swedish teams have 4/5 Thursday dates(see edit below). It is generally accepted that Swedish pay rates are around double the UK so riders will not be happy missing Swedish league matches !! Riders that could be effected are

Thorssell

Doyle 

Lambert

Fricke

J Holder

Masters

Batchelor

Kurtz

Klindt

Tungate

Bjerre

Edit just checked the teams Thursday`s matches and they are all over the place !!!

2 Smederna and Vastervik

4 Masarna,Indianerna,Rospiggarna, 

5 Piraterna and Lejonen Vetlanda and Dackarna

From a previous post- now amended to include a fixture change.

Not sure how I missed the 3 Aussies when looking through the squad lists on Svemo.  But I doubt any team is affected quite like Rospiggarna.

Presume if UK rearrange meetings on a Thursday they won’t take priority though?

Hello 

I want to take out an ESS play subscription... Will it contain all matches  and in English commentary?

Edited by stevecompton

On 5/7/2019 at 6:01 PM, stevecompton said:

Hello 

I want to take out an ESS play subscription... Will it contain all matches  and in English commentary?

Sorry didn`t see this until now- yes all matches are available but i think you can only chose one match to watch live on a Tuesday and the others after. The commentary`s are all in Swedish however i don`t find a problem. The picture quality on Tuesday was superb.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, Rob Dyer said:

Interesting comment from Matt Ford at Wednesday’s Forum. Swedish Cup meetings on a Thursday have priority over UK whereas Swedish League matches don’t. He said one of the Ippo v Poole meetings would clash with Swedish Cup with Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder both needed in Sweden and he was hoping Chris Louis could find an alternative date.

Some clarification with apologies if this has already been posted. Swedish League fixtures on a Thursday take priority over PSC meetings in the UK. With Kurtz and Klindt in Sweden this Thursday, Poole use Nicholls and Musielak at Ippo in the PSC. Taken from Poole website.