British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

Just now, Sings4Speedway said:

Perhaps Cradley are using the same approach as Leicester with Dugard? Plenty of not available's or bike not running properly so they can profit from others taking their rides.

not available or  bike not running is the best way for whitmore to score points . at least it gives some of the youngsters a few extra rides .maybe not a bad plan :)

Adonis where do you get they will have 3.5 left if they have Harris, you must be mad. They av about 6.24 left and if they av harris, will make it about 0.5 left. 

7 minutes ago, Heathen1984 said:

Adonis where do you get they will have 3.5 left if they have Harris, you must be mad. They av about 6.24 left and if they av harris, will make it about 0.5 left. 

I can't add up . just like you are unable to see the point I was making B)

• Haha 1

Don’t know Tom spencer so can’t comment,whitmore ...useless,terrible signing.having Will Pottinger as rider/manager would have been a better option.says it all really.its going to be a baptism of fire for young Harry as he will be in the main body after the first averages come out .

• Like 1

Halsey and Harris as a pairing seems to scream as getting a 5-1 over decent opposition but in their next race Halsey falls and Harris retires!

• Like 1

It could be a play off side, it could be facing the wooden spoon. With so many new faces in the league the potential for some big early season crashes and enforced team changes at various clubs. The 2019 season is somewhat hard to predict.

the only problem with the 2 point rule is if McGurk or any of the decent 2 pointers needs replacing before they get an average ( 4 meetings isnt it ? )   they will be scraping the bottom of the Sdl, Mdl barrel ..  is there anybody semi competent left ?

Max Tom Danny and Luke should do enough to win meetings with the odd few points from Harry to top it up,machine failures from the opponents should hand whitmore the odd point .I would say definitely playoffs .

Being a neutral now has its advantages.  There really is no stand out team this time although I suspect Kent will carry the favourites tag. But anyone can make the play offs.  Only 3 will miss out and I suspect Belle Vue and Stoke will be two of those three and Heathen 1984 is being unduly pessimistic.

Max Clegg had an early season dip but finished near invincible whilst Tom Brennan improves every time I see him. They both finished up riding above their averages.  Dan Halsey is sure to improve his average with the reduced level of competition and the many new reserves gives a lad like Whitmore much more chance.  If Like Harris fills the final spot I fancy Cradley to finish 3rd possibly behind Kent and Leicester.

Cradley will be there about come play-off time. But the Heathens faithful are used to putting together a power packed side that  always start as one of the favourites for the title itself and this side isn’t one of them. 

Edited by Islander15

The reduction in the points limit seems to be freezing more than a few of the top riders out of the National League (which was probably at least partly the objective!) But this will mean that many riders who were perhaps 6/7 point men last season, will become 8/9 point men after the first month of the new season, due to having had comparatively  easier rides. If this happens, clubs will then be able to drop one of these riders and replace him with a 2018 8/9 pointer who will then in reality be a 10/11 point man.

Difficult to put into words, but this could create problems and ill-feeling from clubs who aren't in a position to make such a change, so I hope that the BSPA have taken this possibility into account!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

The reduction in the points limit seems to be freezing more than a few of the top riders out of the National League (which was probably at least partly the objective!) But this will mean that many riders who were perhaps 6/7 point men last season, will become 8/9 point men after the first month of the new season, due to having had comparatively  easier rides. If this happens, clubs will then be able to drop one of these riders and replace him with a 2018 8/9 pointer who will then in reality be a 10/11 point man.

Difficult to put into words, but this could create problems and ill-feeling from clubs who aren't in a position to make such a change, so I hope that the BSPA have taken this possibility into account!

The reduction in the number of teams from 10 to 8 is as much responsible for a lack of places for last years riders as the limit reduction is.

But you are correct that there will be an inflation in all riders averages once the first set of new Green Sheets are issued.   The team average will rise from 36 to 42, so a mean increase of 16.7%

It is likely that a 6.00 rider will increase his average to 7.00 and then could be replaced by a (last year's) 7.00 rider who is really worth 8.16 in new money.

The only way I can think of to counter this is to increase the average of any rider from last year, who doesn't start this year, by 16% if joining a team after the new averages are out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, brianbuck said:

That's basically what Barry Bishop questioned in the comments of the last speedway tavern.

• Like 1