British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

I feel/fear there will be a victim of numbers/fixtures somewhere along the way this season and it could taint the whole reduction of points and what it was trying to achieve. Assuming a new 2.00 reserve like McGurk has a good first 4 meetings / against the sides with lesser reserves its entirely conceivable that he could end up with an average of 8/9 then get replaced by a rider like Jack Smith and would be stuck out in the cold with an 8+ average.....however im sure the powers that be have considered these kind of situations fully and they will appear in the mystery additional rules that are currently being worked upon.

Harris officially confirmed (shock horror). Actually a good recruit for Cradley and has been steadily improving year on year whilst staying under the radar should be putting 0.5 to a point on his average quite comfortably.

• Like 1

Strongest top 4 in the league I feel. Tail is a bit long. Nevertheless they will make the play offs.

It's a Cradley type team for sure.  Big hitters and a potentially long tail, but that's the way it's mostly been since about 1980 so I'm comfortable with it :)

Happy to see Luke back, as mentioned above he has progressed steadily and will hopefully challenge for a heat leader birth as the season progresses

On 12/30/2018 at 8:11 PM, brianbuck said:

The reduction in the points limit seems to be freezing more than a few of the top riders out of the National League (which was probably at least partly the objective!) But this will mean that many riders who were perhaps 6/7 point men last season, will become 8/9 point men after the first month of the new season, due to having had comparatively  easier rides. If this happens, clubs will then be able to drop one of these riders and replace him with a 2018 8/9 pointer who will then in reality be a 10/11 point man.

Difficult to put into words, but this could create problems and ill-feeling from clubs who aren't in a position to make such a change, so I hope that the BSPA have taken this possibility into account!

It also gives piss poor and perennial 3.5 point journeymen ,   the opportunity to take to social media with 5-6 point tallies, claiming  they have had some sort of revelation and are the new Tai Woffinden . The  reality of course is they have taken the extra points from raw beginners , won't stop  their nearest and dearest  and one or two hangers on ,from blowing an 1800's style  London "pea souper" up their arses though . neither will it stop the pitiful excuses when some of the raw beginniers start to find their feet and beat them !

• Haha 2

On 1/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, adonis said:

It also gives piss poor and perennial 3.5 point journeymen ,   the opportunity to take to social media with 5-6 point tallies, claiming  they have had some sort of revelation and are the new Tai Woffinden . The  reality of course is they have taken the extra points from raw beginners , won't stop  their nearest and dearest  and one or two hangers on ,from blowing an 1800's style  London "pea souper" up their arses though . neither will it stop the pitiful excuses when some of the raw beginniers start to find their feet and beat them !

Names :D

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Names :D

Jack the ripper .lol

Did young Harry McGurk have a nasty fall in the Ben Fund meeting at the weekend? Anyone know? Hope he’s ok and will be able to start the season.

9 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Did young Harry McGurk have a nasty fall in the Ben Fund meeting at the weekend? Anyone know? Hope he’s ok and will be able to start the season.

Looking at the pictures i would say he was riding at Scunny? Not sure who wiped him out but "only" seen bruising to lung and abdomen as injuries. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Harry was at Scunthorpe. He was collected by another rider and speared towards the fence. Bike first raising the air fence then Harry hit next, bounced up a long way, did a somersault and landed very, very hard. He had a couple of nights in hospital but was allowed home yesterday. It was a horrific accident to see.

Is Robinson still shouting ? Most people stopped listening to him .

10 minutes ago, pete cc said:

Is Robinson still shouting ? Most people stopped listening to him .

He is certainly a interesting character i am sure he only has the best interests of cradley at heart 

4 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

He is certainly a interesting character i am sure he only has the best interests of cradley at heart 

Never doubted his good intentions just the bitter swiping at each other. As an outsider looking in all I see is a group of people fighting to become the leader of the gang.

• Like 1