British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

So what is the state of play with HSST ? take it everyone had enough of robbo ? he is claiming people were dipping into the funds ? The speedway tavern mentioned a message he sent in but said they would only allow him on if someone else to balance his argument would go on also.

Did anybody go along and see Cradley practice last night? If so how did the side look? I think this could be a very strong side this season.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

Brennan and clegg as expected looked quick.

Halsey looked ok but wasnt smooth around the track.

Harris looked decent. Had 1 slide off thou.

Mcgurk looked decebt but cud take few meeting to get going.

Whitmore and spencer will struggle to beat the tractor im afraid.

Cant see that team in the top 4 to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Heathen1984 said:

Brennan and clegg as expected looked quick.

Halsey looked ok but wasnt smooth around the track.

Harris looked decent. Had 1 slide off thou.

Mcgurk looked decebt but cud take few meeting to get going.

Whitmore and spencer will struggle to beat the tractor im afraid.

Cant see that team in the top 4 to be honest.

Oops i had forgotten about Whitmore. I think The top 4 will get plenty of points providing Halsey stays interested and McGurk will pick up his share too. Surpised at though Spencer as despite riding pre war equipment he has always been quick in the past.

22 minutes ago, Heathen1984 said:

I thought spencer and whitmore looked very slow and unstable. Cant carry 2 riders

Heathens will start off alright but when they both drop to reserve I don’t hold much hope. 

sounds like the team is built like the brummies team last year to top heavy the tail just never wagged and the season fell away. 

39 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

sounds like the team is built like the brummies team last year to top heavy the tail just never wagged and the season fell away. 

I think if the tail was Flint, Walker & Cupitt then Cradley would be delighted right now.

43 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think if the tail was Flint, Walker & Cupitt then Cradley would be delighted right now.

our tail was Callum walker ,Sheldon Davies and Josh Embelton who would pick up between 1-4 points between all 3 most meetings.

9 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

our tail was Callum walker ,Sheldon Davies and Josh Embelton who would pick up between 1-4 points between all 3 most meetings.

When Walker wasn't "ill" :D. In fairness to Sheldon & Josh they both came in mid season and were playing catch up. It went wrong before a wheel had turned when Cupitt got his 6th chance and the manager tried to use a illegal rider.

Cradley swift in making a change to cover the unlucky Brennan and bring in Jack Smith to the side which makes them look a force again. The reserves are starting to fire which must be encouraging for Heathens fans. Not sure what Halsey's issues are setup, fitness, technique? but he doesn't seem to be taking to the Monmore track all that well? With regards to the 2 x 2.00 pointer rule does anybody know if one of the current increases their average can another be brought in? Because this side could look very dangerous if Whitmore is swapped out.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Cradley swift in making a change to cover the unlucky Brennan and bring in Jack Smith to the side which makes them look a force again. The reserves are starting to fire which must be encouraging for Heathens fans. Not sure what Halsey's issues are setup, fitness, technique? but he doesn't seem to be taking to the Monmore track all that well? With regards to the 2 x 2.00 pointer rule does anybody know if one of the current increases their average can another be brought in? Because this side could look very dangerous if Whitmore is swapped out.

dangerous SIngs ?, they haven't signed Wallinger have they ?:D  agree with Whitmore ,

2 minutes ago, adonis said:

dangerous SIngs ?, they haven't signed Wallinger have they ?:D  agree with Whitmore ,

Apparently im not allowed to bash Wally or Shelby anymore as there have been tears so its back to Whitmore :D

Decent signing, he’s no Brennan but he will do the job just not as much progression as Tom has and I think that will show as I’m certain Brennan would have finished at 1 this year but can’t see smith challenging Clegg for it