British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

Just a couple of minor observations. Wallinger's performance for Mildenhall against kent on sunday was by far the best I've seen him ride, very stylish on a tough track. I was very impressed with Spencer when i saw him on the island a couple of weeks ago. He looks to have real potential.

27 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Just a couple of minor observations. Wallinger's performance for Mildenhall against kent on sunday was by far the best I've seen him ride, very stylish on a tough track. I was very impressed with Spencer when i saw him on the island a couple of weeks ago. He looks to have real potential.

Spencer is one of the under the radar riders for this year, certainly natural on the bike and brave (with a slight naive streak?) but was always held back by dreadful machinery, ive not seen him this year but if that has been upgraded he could prove to be a real asset. 

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Apparently im not allowed to bash Wally or Shelby anymore as there have been tears so its back to Whitmore :D

Lazarus Wallinger , at deaths door  for the long trek to Plymouth on Friday . fit as a flea  less than 48 hours later ,

Edited by adonis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sheldon Davies announced as a replacement for Lewis Whitmore

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 10:00 AM, MattJ81 said:

Sheldon Davies announced as a replacement for Lewis Whitmore

That doesn't seem legal.  

Sheldon Davies only averaged 1.63 for Birmingham last year, so should come in on a minimum of 2.00

But rule  19.7.1.1 says    " A Team’s Declaration (initial and re-declared) is 36.00 with a minimum MA of 2.00. A maximum of two 2.00 riders are permitted per team."

Tom Spencer and Harry McGurk both have 2.00 averages, so they can't have another 2.00          Wasn't this the reason they signed Whitmore in the first place?  Because they had to find someone who was above 2.00 and below the limit, and his average just happened to fit?

Edited by WalterPlinge

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

That doesn't seem legal.  

Sheldon Davies only averaged 1.86 for Birmingham last year, so should come in on a minimum of 2.00

But rule  19.7.1.1 says    " A Team’s Declaration (initial and re-declared) is 36.00 with a minimum MA of 2.00. A maximum of two 2.00 riders are permitted per team."

Tom Spencer and Harry McGurk both have 2.00 averages, so they can't have another 2.00          Wasn't this the reason they signed Whitmore in the first place?  Because they had to find someone who was above 2.00 and below the limit, and his average just happened to fit?

Not sure of the numbers but unattached riders also gain averages after 4 meetings have been completed so i suspect Sheldon might have sneaked it over 2.00 and be allowed to sign up? Hopefully that is the case and not that Cradley have dropped a second clanger (the first being including Whitmore in the first place). Fair play to Davies who put the miles in to put himself in the window and has to be an improvement on Whitmore who has been dreadful yet again this year.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not sure of the numbers but unattached riders also gain averages after 4 meetings have been completed so i suspect Sheldon might have sneaked it over 2.00 and be allowed to sign up? Hopefully that is the case and not that Cradley have dropped a second clanger (the first being including Whitmore in the first place). Fair play to Davies who put the miles in to put himself in the window and has to be an improvement on Whitmore who has been dreadful yet again this year.

He's only ridden in one NL meeting this year.     For Plymouth at Belle Vue where he scored 2+2 from 4 rides (a 2.00 average from 1 meeting)

39 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

He's only ridden in one NL meeting this year.     For Plymouth at Belle Vue where he scored 2+2 from 4 rides (a 2.00 average from 1 meeting)

Spot on there. Darned if i know maybe the rules have been thrown out the window and the National Trophy outings have been counted also as he got a couple of reasonable scores against Mildenhall in that.

3 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

That doesn't seem legal.  

Sheldon Davies only averaged 1.86 for Birmingham last year, so should come in on a minimum of 2.00

I have to agree. Davies didn’t hit over 2.00 last season to get a ‘real’ average and Cradley already have x2 2.00 men but the rules change so easily these days, there’s no point in them existing in the first place!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I have to agree. Davies didn’t hit over 2.00 last season to get a ‘real’ average and Cradley already have x2 2.00 men but the rules change so easily these days, there’s no point in them existing in the first place!

His average is now 2.59

5 minutes ago, martin_t said:

His average is now 2.59

What makes you think that?   It seems a random figure to pluck from nowhere.

Last season he did 10 matches, had 49 rides, and scored 20+2 points for an average of 1.63  (minimum 2.00)

This season he's done 1 match, 4 rides, and scored 2+2  (an average of 2.00 from 1 match - but of course he needs 4 matches to gain an average, so still on 2.00).

His average can only be 2.00.

Anything else is just someone pulling a number from their backside.

• Like 2

Even if his Nat Trophy scores have been included (which is the only way i can see this remotely making sense) why haven't the averages for every other rider who competed in that competition been calculated?  Im please the lad has got team place but not if its by breaking the rules.

I asked the league co coordinator about this, and a rule change in the winter meant that any unattatched rider gained an average after any 4 competitive  fixtures, to prevent riders spending a season riding as an unattatched rider for every club ala spooner 2017.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I asked the league co coordinator about this, and a rule change in the winter meant that any unattatched rider gained an average after any 4 competitive  fixtures, to prevent riders spending a season riding as an unattatched rider for every club ala spooner 2017.

All that does is once an unattached rider has 4 meetings and inevitably gets a 2.something average, it stops then being able to ride as an unattached rider! But generally aren’t considered good enough for a full-time place!

• Like 1

Same with the change to 2.0 riders, meant the Couzins, O Keefes etc left out in the cold.

• Like 1