British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

I asked the league co coordinator about this, and a rule change in the winter meant that any unattatched rider gained an average after any 4 competitive  fixtures, to prevent riders spending a season riding as an unattatched rider for every club ala spooner 2017.

It makes sense that unattached riders get an average after 4 league meetings, regardless of club, to stop them doing a Spooner (and others) by riding odd matches for every team.

BUT it has to be official matches (i.e. League only).  It's ludicrous to include NT or KOC just for unattached riders.    They may very well end up being frozen out before they've even got as far as racing ONE league match, let alone four!

With that terrible excuse of a bungled KOC draw, and now this, the new co-ordinator isn't exactly covering himself in glory.     

Edited by WalterPlinge
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

What makes you think that?   It seems a random figure to pluck from nowhere.

Last season he did 10 matches, had 49 rides, and scored 20+2 points for an average of 1.63  (minimum 2.00)

This season he's done 1 match, 4 rides, and scored 2+2  (an average of 2.00 from 1 match - but of course he needs 4 matches to gain an average, so still on 2.00).

His average can only be 2.00.

Anything else is just someone pulling a number from their backside.

Will Pottinger gave that figure on the Cradley Forum...does that answer your question?

6 minutes ago, martin_t said:

Will Pottinger gave that figure on the Cradley Forum...does that answer your question?

It answers where you got the figure from, thanks.

And we're now slowly piecing together where the BSPA got the figure from. They seem to have made up an average using matches that don't count in the averages!

Thankfully it's worked out OK for Sheldon.  If he hadn't got a place at Cradley he could have been practically frozen out of riding NL due to the craziness.

18 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

It makes sense that unattached riders get an average after 4 league meetings, regardless of club, to stop them doing a Spooner (and others) by riding odd matches for every team.

BUT it has to be official matches (i.e. League only).  It's ludicrous to include NT or KOC just for unattached riders.    They may very well end up being frozen out before they've even got as far as racing ONE league match, let alone four!

With that terrible excuse of a bungled KOC draw, and now this, the new co-ordinator isn't exactly covering himself in glory.     

Seriously what did you expect ,

On 6/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, Islander15 said:

All that does is once an unattached rider has 4 meetings and inevitably gets a 2.something average, it stops then being able to ride as an unattached rider! But generally aren’t considered good enough for a full-time place!

Bang on. You will see unattached riders towards the end of the season are very hard to come by (if they have any sense). Not unusual for a rider to score 2 points from 3 rides with a little fortune, do that 4 times and presto and average of 2.67 and nicely frozen out. It was a crazy idea in the winter and now that the holes in the barely considered idea are becoming apparent its an even crazier idea now.

• Like 1

Sorry been told by a person with good connections, no Heathens in 2020 Management lost interest apparently 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, pete cc said:

Not surprised 

Me neither! After the success when re-entering the league drying up, crowds have dwindled & now the promoters are not making the money like they were before with their success. Not finding their own piece of land to build their own track would have cost them money but was it really going to happen!

The silence is deafening on the cradley front .Have all the supporters given up on there team ? No pre meeting thread or post meeting comments.wow.

41 minutes ago, bigred said:

The silence is deafening on the cradley front .Have all the supporters given up on there team ? No pre meeting thread or post meeting comments.wow.

Not at all, I was planning on commenting or starting a thread for last night if nothing else to say how impressive Nathan Stoneman looked (how is he on a 4.5 average?!).  Good performances from Luke Harris and Harry McGurk too.  I don't think there's too many Cradley fans on here; I'm not sure about the various Facebook groups that exist - I left most of them as I didn't have the time to keep up!

The noises coming out of the club are that we will be in a similar situation in the Winter to every other recent year waiting on the availability of Monmore and the league structure before being able to make too many decisions.  Not sure how many times the management/club can go through that until motivation runs out while a permanent home appears no closer on the horizon.  I'd say it's obvious we wouldn't have come to the tapes this season if other NL teams hadn't have dropped out therefore reducing the amount of meetings.   I'm trying to get the kids to as many of the remaining meetings as possible, we haven't been to Belle Vue yet so that's in the diary next week and then what will be will be I guess

• Like 1

it's pretty clear what has happened at Cradley and on this occasion Mr Mark Robinson is 100% right.

The Patchett / Pearson Promotion has been happy to leech off the fantastic support for as long as they can and made a big killing off it.

They then managed to get their stooges on to the Supporters Trust and access to what was left of their "fighting fund" for use to support planning applications etc.

They used that money to cover costs this season.

They have absolutely NO INTEREST in Cradley Heath Speedway now other than as a credit on their Bank Statements.

The "well is nearly dry" and they will vanish

It is an absolutely crying shame that a great name will vanish and this time will be a lot more difficult to ever get back.

As a Brummies fan I know how long it took us to rise from the Ashes, we had a legend like Brian Buck fighting our corner, Pearson and Patchett are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath

• Like 1

Cradley have had a tough year on track asthe much anticipated spearhead of Clegg and Brennan didnt get a chance to shine and that knocked the stuffing out of the season. Elsewhere Smith has been average to below par, Harris has stood still, Whitmore was embarrassing and replaced with an iffy move but all credit to the rest of the tail end who have upped their averages. Certainly not going to comment on the off track stuff as i don't and don't want to know all the ins and outs but would be sad if Cradley don't come to the tapes next year.