British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

Cradley Heathens 2019

33 minutes ago, HGould said:

it's pretty clear what has happened at Cradley and on this occasion Mr Mark Robinson is 100% right.

The Patchett / Pearson Promotion has been happy to leech off the fantastic support for as long as they can and made a big killing off it.

They then managed to get their stooges on to the Supporters Trust and access to what was left of their "fighting fund" for use to support planning applications etc.

They used that money to cover costs this season.

They have absolutely NO INTEREST in Cradley Heath Speedway now other than as a credit on their Bank Statements.

The "well is nearly dry" and they will vanish

It is an absolutely crying shame that a great name will vanish and this time will be a lot more difficult to ever get back.

As a Brummies fan I know how long it took us to rise from the Ashes, we had a legend like Brian Buck fighting our corner, Pearson and Patchett are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath

Shocking, if true. Pearson is becoming a scourge on British speedway in this day and age.

• Like 1

Probably a daft question, but,

every year “the management” bang on about selling the club...What are they actually trying to sell ! ? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bigred said:

every year “the management” bang on about selling the club...What are they actually trying to sell ! ? 

Probably a license to lose money! 

19 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Probably a license to lose money! 

More like to launder money if Patchet’s in charge ....

Says it all about the BSPA when Patchett is allowed to promote in the UK, Pearson is just a leach on Speedway., But with all credibility in the Sport just about gone, these type of people are becoming the norm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigred said:

"Heathens Speedway Limited" is the company with Messrs Pearson and Van Straaten as directors, so I would imagine that along with the right to promote Cradley if such a thing exists?

7 minutes ago, MattJ81 said:

"Heathens Speedway Limited" is the company with Messrs Pearson and Van Straaten as directors, so I would imagine that along with the right to promote Cradley if such a thing exists?

So just the name then really.cant be worth a right lot that then ...

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Any news on Jack Smith after his spill last night?

I believe Jack has posted on FB with a picture of his bashed up crash helmet (which seems to have done a great job considering part of Andrews or his bike hit him in the head), he also suffered soft tissue damage to his arm.  It was a pretty direct hit as Andrews was so close behind him he couldn't avoid it - really glad the result was nothing more serious and he should recover quickly

On 8/20/2019 at 10:13 AM, MattJ81 said:

Not at all, I was planning on commenting or starting a thread for last night if nothing else to say how impressive Nathan Stoneman looked (how is he on a 4.5 average?!).  Good performances from Luke Harris and Harry McGurk too.  I don't think there's too many Cradley fans on here; I'm not sure about the various Facebook groups that exist - I left most of them as I didn't have the time to keep up!

The noises coming out of the club are that we will be in a similar situation in the Winter to every other recent year waiting on the availability of Monmore and the league structure before being able to make too many decisions.  Not sure how many times the management/club can go through that until motivation runs out while a permanent home appears no closer on the horizon.  I'd say it's obvious we wouldn't have come to the tapes this season if other NL teams hadn't have dropped out therefore reducing the amount of meetings.   I'm trying to get the kids to as many of the remaining meetings as possible, we haven't been to Belle Vue yet so that's in the diary next week and then what will be will be I guess

Lets face it . it must be hard to keep your motivation with Robinson stirring trouble at everey opportunity  ,and a few idiots listening to his rantings and encouraging him , I would have given up years back or paid somebody to permanently silence him ,

I do fear for the future of Cradley after this season, since we re-emerged in the NL we have managed to keep going mainly through having the use of Monmore, and on occasion Perry Barr, however its become apparent that the promotion and club partner Gary Patchet have lost some of there enthusiasm over recent seasons, this has gone arm in arm with a drop in attendances for various reasons.

I do believe there could be a way forward for the Club but that would probably mean the promotion would need to move over and let someone else take over the reigns, note i didnt say sell the club as there is little if anything left to sell..

15 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

I do fear for the future of Cradley after this season, since we re-emerged in the NL we have managed to keep going mainly through having the use of Monmore, and on occasion Perry Barr, however its become apparent that the promotion and club partner Gary Patchet have lost some of there enthusiasm over recent seasons, this has gone arm in arm with a drop in attendances for various reasons.

I do believe there could be a way forward for the Club but that would probably mean the promotion would need to move over and let someone else take over the reigns, note i didnt say sell the club as there is little if anything left to sell..

Good idea . why not give it to Mark Robinson  ?. The future would be in no doubt then .

I believe to own the rights to a speedway team you’re talking thousands of £s? Jayne Moss on here might be able to help with that answer

7 hours ago, adonis said:

Good idea . why not give it to Mark Robinson  ?. The future would be in no doubt then .

I didnt realise i had put forward any ideas ;).

1 minute ago, greyhoundp said:

I didnt realise i had put forward any ideas ;).

I do believe there could be a way forward for the Club but that would probably mean the promotion would need to move over and let someone else take over the reigns . seems like an idea put forward to me