British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester NL 2019

Well looks like Leicester will have a team in the NL next year. A league that looks good for giving Championship reserves meetings where they will have the chance to perform well as heat leaders and other members of the team to be up and comers.

So Connor Mountain to lead  and the Thompson Twins to be given team slots? - Might be a good start to team building.

Would be good if Lions season ticket holders receive some form of discount on admission prices too.

I think the Thompsons would be a given for Leicester, both on a 2 point average, but I'd be surprised if Connor will carry on in a league that would give him very little in the way of competition now the points limit has been reduced. I think he will push on in the 2 higher leagues this year, he's certainly capable enough.

• Like 1

Im wondering im Leicester will be able to track the lowest starting averaged division winning side? I agree with the above i think Mountain is ready to move on but Thompsons are a certainty, throw in the potential of McGurk, Palin, Mulford & Ablitt its practically sorted already with maybe a Tom Perry type rider for a bit of experience. Only danger might be those who don't want to be outshone by the Thompsons and race day may also be a factor. But ultimately im prepared for a very dangerous Leicester team already.

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im wondering im Leicester will be able to track the lowest starting averaged division winning side? I agree with the above i think Mountain is ready to move on but Thompsons are a certainty, throw in the potential of McGurk, Palin, Mulford & Ablitt its practically sorted already with maybe a Tom Perry type rider for a bit of experience. Only danger might be those who don't want to be outshone by the Thompsons and race day may also be a factor. But ultimately im prepared for a very dangerous Leicester team already.

what have the thompsons  done  that leads you to conclude they will outshine anybody , personally haven't seen anything

5 minutes ago, adonis said:

what have the thompsons  done  that leads you to conclude they will outshine anybody , personally haven't seen anything

They have been sharp enough whenever i have seen them. Granted often on very slick tracks but setting times quite a bit quicker than current decent NL reserves, lets not forget they will continue to have large sponsorship packages and all the help from Leicester Speedway. Do i think they are as good as Kemp/Flint this year? No do i think they will add 5+ points to their averages yes.

• Like 1

Named as Leicester Cubs on the NL section of SGB website

Adonis, the Thompson boys finished 2&3 in 2018 British youth series, just behind Lion Flint, and they haven't had the racing track time most of their fellow youth riders who are already riding in the national league have had. Just wait for 2019 and you will see 

8 hours ago, adonis said:

Beaten Leon flint and others in the youth champs. Consistent podium places too. Always front runners in every round. Nailed on to hit 7-8 point averages at least.

17 hours ago, orchardlane said:

Good luck to Lions if they are set on grooming youngsters.

Poor choice of wording BUT fingers crossed they track a competitive and exciting side who all enjoy themselves.

9 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Leicester Lightening?

Are they all overweight?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1