British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester NL 2019

On 8/22/2019 at 2:17 PM, Happy Hunter said:

No more double headers according to this week's Speedway Star. Remaining home matches likely to be on Tuesdays.

Interesting how things change in speedway, a bit like Scott Nichols shirts. Talking of his shirts I'm sure Scott would have rather been riding in a championship semi against Redcar on Saturday night rather than having to sit in a studio as a Speedway pundit :blink:

3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think I had seen yesterday's shirt before!

Yes, I'd put my shirt on it

According to the BSPA and Kent websites the first leg of the play off against Kent will be at Kent on Monday, 14th October at 6.30 p.m..

Due to the wonderful decisions to run the play off so late in the season its quite possible the the Cubs could be without Perks for the biggest meeting of their season......and the governing bodies wonder why fans get fed up. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Due to the wonderful decisions to run the play off so late in the season its quite possible the the Cubs could be without Perks for the biggest meeting of their season......and the governing bodies wonder why fans get fed up. 

Is that the Premiership play-off final date?

32 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Is that the Premiership play-off final date?

Yup. Will definitely be a fixture on Monday (weather dependent). Swindon win its at Ipswich and Perks would be there. Should Wolves win then its at Wolverhampton but either way we have play off final vs televised play off final.

• Like 1

Danny Woodward now joins The Cubs. No previous BNL experience but highly regarded after a season in The Midland & Southern Development League. He is 28 and an experienced Motocross competitor and has been to Leicester several times to practice. 

11 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Danny Woodward now joins The Cubs. No previous BNL experience but highly regarded after a season in The Midland & Southern Development League. He is 28 and an experienced Motocross competitor and has been to Leicester several times to practice. 

Are there any published statistics covering Danny's time with Carmarthen? I've tried the Carmarthen website and Live Updates (and speedway researcher) 

Edited by False dawn

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Are there any published statistics covering Danny's time with Carmarthen? I've tried the Carmarthen website and Live Updates (and speedway researcher) 

Try here Fd.

51 minutes ago, Tom Thumb said:

Try here Fd.

Talk about looking in your own backyard!

Many thanks

11 hours ago, False dawn said:

Talk about looking in your own backyard!

Many thanks

As a comparison, consider the match against Weymouth in 2019

CARMARTHEN 18: Luke Whitehead 9 Joe Alcock 5 Danny Woodward 4

52 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

As a comparison, consider the match against Weymouth in 2019

CARMARTHEN 18: Luke Whitehead 9 Joe Alcock 5 Danny Woodward 4

I think the idea is he’s fresh blood? Bit like Danny Ayres was ex mx had talent but very raw as opposed to the other two names that out scored him there that really aren’t going to do anything more than they’re 

Unlike other sports age shouldn’t be a barrier to competing especially as you need some financial clout behind you.

Joe Alcock seems to be highly rated especially by Newcastle.

• Confused 1