British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle of Wight 2019

Now we know the Warriors are confirmed in the league and in the Trophy it’s time to speculate who will be in the team under the excellent and respected stewardship of Barry Bishop & Martin Widman. 

Ill need to have a think about the actual potential line-up but it would be particularly good to see Alfie return, Bursill as the 2 pointer and maybe poach a youngster or two from Eastbourne!

Hope you get Edwards and Brooks, they'll be great to watch next season and both will improve I'm sure.

• Like 2

I imagine Bursill, Verge, and Widman are shoe ins.

And reckon if they can keep either on of the top 2 they will. Or James Shanes

Think Hampshire would be a good signing for them as he always goes well there. I imagine they are looking at a Pool of riders including riders like Edwards Brooks Spooner Stoneman R Andrews Atkins Kinsley Bailey,knight, Hunter. To name a few potential options.

If I were IOW I think they could go with something like this taking into account they’re midweek and I don’t think they’d get many kids for school like Edwards and brooks. 

1. Brennan 8.41 

2. Verge 4.83

3. Campos 6.28

4. Walker 4.17

5. Hume / Stoneman 

6. Bursill /Sealey 2.00

7. Wirtzfeld 2.00

under 36 and has potential to make the play offs I think.

Think the reserves above are spot on with Wirtzfield & Bursill. Can't see Campos back after missing so many meetings and will be tough to fit Morley or Bowtell back, likewise the new lower points limit makes Widman a tough signing anywhere. Any of the Eastbourne conections would be good for the side but i suspect it will be headed up by Danny Ayres, he loves the Island & the Island loves him.

• Haha 1

So far the Warriors have got everything right with the exception of the team but now have an opportunity to get that sorted as well. Like others, I think Verge, Bursill and Wirzfeld are certs. Regrettably Campos, Widman and Tedham are stale and should be set aside. Which opens the door to a link with Eastbourne who could use the Island as an academy for their promising youngsters. If Taylor Hampshire could also be accommodated then that would be an entertaining and potentially successful side.

This seven could do the business. What do others think & what would your seven be.

1.Ben Morley                  9.13

2. Danno Verge              4.83

3. Rob Shuttleworth      6.05

4. Taylor Hampshire      5.11

5. Connor Coles             6.53

6. Jamie Bursill              2.00

7. Chad Wirtzfeld         2.00

Total                               35.65          

Edited by dave1075
Prodictive text error.

1 hour ago, dave1075 said:

This seven could do the business. What do others think & what would your seven be.

1.Ben Morley                  9.13

2. Danno Verge              4.83

3. Rob Shuttleworth      6.05

4. Taylor Hampshire      5.11

5. Connor Coles             6.53

6. Jamie Bursill              2.00

7. Chad Wirtzfeld         2.00

Total                               35.65          

That looks good and would please the Warrior faithful.

1 hour ago, Speedway197635 said:

1.Brennan 8.41

2.Brooks 4.53

3.Edwards 6.73

4.Verge 4.83

5.Hopwood 7.37

6.Whirtzfield 2.00

7.Ablitt 2.00

Cant see Hoppy being back on the Island..

6 hours ago, Islander15 said:

So Bursill won’t be back unfortunately. 

Was a bit of a surprise.Thought he'd be nailed on.

Difficult to see which way you guys will go.Go with a strong top 2 and your middle order isn't as strong.? 

Bowtell,Widman,Hampshire,Verge,Brennan,Tedham,2 pointer ?

There's just not a lot of 6/7 average riders available that aren't fixed up.

21 hours ago, Islander15 said:

So Bursill won’t be back unfortunately. 

Big shock that one especially with the strong links to Vatcher & Brennan who is widely tipped to be on the Island? Maybe 2 x 2 pointers was considered too much of a gamble but Wid & Wirz could be equally risky.