British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle of Wight 2019

It could be the problem that Jamie maybe a victim of the rulings? How many matches did he complete for IOW and how many matches did he complete as unattached because esssentiall being declared on a 3 and not attaining a 3 he could be a 2.01 or 2.99? 

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

It could be the problem that Jamie maybe a victim of the rulings? How many matches did he complete for IOW and how many matches did he complete as unattached because esssentiall being declared on a 3 and not attaining a 3 he could be a 2.01 or 2.99? 

Plymouth have announced him as 2.00. I thought he had completed more than 4 matches as an unattached guest and would have achieved an average (but they could have been cup/trophy fixtures i guess). In reality it would have been wrong if he got frozen out without getting a chance. 

On that note im guessing all current unattached riders will start on a 2.00 average, assessed after 4? Could mix / mess it up for some.

I always thought he ruling was if you had been declared anywhere as a 3 you could never be a 2? It could only go as 2.01 I might be wrong though. 

34 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I always thought he ruling was if you had been declared anywhere as a 3 you could never be a 2? It could only go as 2.01 I might be wrong though. 

Declared in a 1-7 as a 3.00 rider or declared as an unattached rider as a 3.00 rider? If the latter there will be mild panic spreading through several teams/riders?  Like the not more than 2 x 2.00 ruling it would be nice if the finer points of these rules were actually shared especially as the majority of fans know/respect the rules more than the promotions. 

• Like 1

Declared in a team as a 1-7 on a 3 which would rule out even sheppard as previously having ridden for Kent and even so cousins and Laurence with lakeside? 

2 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Declared in a team as a 1-7 on a 3 which would rule out even sheppard as previously having ridden for Kent and even so cousins and Laurence with lakeside? 

Plymouth clearly the think he’s a 2.00 and are building their team accordingly. 

The island management are short of a bob or 2, they've the best chance yet of getting a really solid side to challenge for honours next yr if they do it right

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

His final ave was 2.5 

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/isleofwight18 so should come in on that you can check all riders final ave here 

He only got the 2.50 from 2 league meetings so will start on 2.00, 

Sheppard comes in on 2.01 as previously had a 3.0 average.

I wasnt sure so asked Mattie Bates

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

He only got the 2.50 from 2 league meetings so will start on 2.00, 

Sheppard comes in on 2.01 as previously had a 3.0 average.

I wasnt sure so asked Mattie Bates

What’s the thinking behind that?

First on the 2019 team sheet is Danno Verge on 4.83

1. Alfie Bowtell 9.24

2. Chris Widman 3.32

3. Taylor Hampshire 5.11

4. Danno Verge 4.83

5. Tom Brennan 8.41

6. Shaun Tedham 2.65

7. Chad Wirtzfeld 2.00

10 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Hampshire announced retirement earlier this evening 

Heck fire. Did it for a couple of years, things didn't go his way and retires. Probably be back halfway through the season (another Mullins in the making LOL).

Plus side good to see Danno back, had a year to find his feet and needs to really kick on this season (and yes that has been said several times before).

13 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Hampshire announced retirement earlier this evening 

He says he won’t be riding ‘next year’, so maybe we’ll see him back in the future.