British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle of Wight 2019

Second signing is Ben Morley on 9.13. Full story on Facebook and website.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Second signing is Ben Morley on 9.13. Full story on Facebook and website.

Top signing, really proved he can score on big tracks too last season and creates a solid scoring platform for the Warriors.

• Like 1

Glad to see Ben back on the Island..riding the big track has improved him as a rider and i know he enjoys riding for the excellent management at the IOW,,....He could well have an even stronger season at this level,,which can only enhance his performance at Championship level...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waco said:

Glad to see Ben back on the Island..riding the big track has improved him as a rider and i know he enjoys riding for the excellent management at the IOW,,....He could well have an even stronger season at this level,,which can only enhance his performance at Championship level...

Glad to hear he has a championship place 

I did not say he has a championship place,,I ment if and when he gets one ?

Well he can only ride in the championship with a team place he can’t guest as he has an average? I’m just saying from your original statement it would appear that Ben has a team place in the championship 

38 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Well he can only ride in the championship with a team place he can’t guest as he has an average? I’m just saying from your original statement it would appear that Ben has a team place in the championship 

Tbf Ben’s said himself that he nearly has a Championship place signed up. 

Chad Wirtzfeld is signing number three. Full details on Facebook and website.

9 minutes ago, Rob Dyer said:

Chad Wirtzfeld is signing number three. Full details on Facebook and website.

Not unexpected and not bad. Certainly quick enough on the bike but down on competitive laps compared to many others stepping up this year and teenage temperament needs addressing prior to the pressure cooker of league racing.

Great to see Ben back on the island, I’ll be over a few times from the mainland supporting this great promotion no matter what side gets put together but the highlight for me last year was Alfie Bowtell blasting round the track, is it possible that he could be accommodated too?  I notice that Ryan Terry-Daley is also not in the Plymouth side this year so I was thinking something like this:

Ben Morley - 9.13

Chris Widman - 3.32

Ryan Terry Daley - 5.22

Danno Verge - 4.83

Alfie Bowtell - 9.24

Jamie Sealey - 2.00

Chad Wirtzfeld - 2.00

A complete guess so I could be way out but anyway best of luck to Barry, Martin and all 7 riders that represent the 2019 team :)

Interestingly, there’s been lots of rumours about Tom Brennan, just worked out that had he been signed as number 5 on his average then in my team above Scott Campos would have fit at number 3 with 0.03 to spare but I’m sure I read that they couldn’t fit Scott into the team so maybe Alfie will return :)

Edited by Marky_Mark

I’d like to see the team completed with Tedham, Widman, Brennan & Ethan Spiller. Or Tedham, Widman, Atkins & Lawlor. I think either would be a balanced and very strong team with some great characters in it. 

Or if Alfie came back then him alongside Tedham, Widman and Walker. It would seriously lack a third heat leader but make up for it with the best top 2 in the league and Walker always does well on the island. 

Edited by Islander15

Chris Widman just confirmed for 2019 on 3.32. Full details on Facebook or club website.

Thank you to all the Warriors family for allowing me to make history, and the been the first opposition supporter to announce another teams rider. Such an honour, another example of how the Warrior Way is so inclusive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ryan Terry-Daley is the Warriors fifth signing for 2019. Joins on 5.22.    Full details on Facebook and club website.

• Like 4