British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle of Wight 2019

Great top two ,,,however no real third heat leader. ,and that I feel will be the teams weak spot.....

10 hours ago, waco said:

Great top two ,,,however no real third heat leader. ,and that I feel will be the teams weak spot.....

Very strong top 2 although this is how the majority of teams have built this year. Certainly potential for Verge or RTD to step up and be 3rd heat leader but both will need to if the Warriors are going to have a great deal of success with some question marks elsewhere in the team.

Pleased to see Georgie at Smallbrook, we love him and I am sure Warrior fans will too.  He will even wear the No 1 jacket to start with. Stay clear of injuries and the play offs beckon.

I would love to see IOW win the league.  Islander15 would have a grin a mile wide:party:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Pleased to see Georgie at Smallbrook, we love him and I am sure Warrior fans will too.  He will even wear the No 1 jacket to start with. Stay clear of injuries and the play offs beckon.

I would love to see IOW win the league.  Islander15 would have a grin a mile wide:party:

I don't think there is a supporter of the NL that wouldn't love to see IOW win it. 

However with 2.22 left it really begs the question who the final rider will be? You feel it has to be an ace card like Ablitt? otherwise why would the Warriors allow Bursill to get signed up elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't think there is a supporter of the NL that wouldn't love to see IOW win it. 

However with 2.22 left it really begs the question who the final rider will be? You feel it has to be an ace card like Ablitt? otherwise why would the Warriors allow Bursill to get signed up elsewhere.

If it is Ablitt think that's a good team with the points allowed and a team that should attract the crowds on the Island, well done to IOW management. 

27 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst I would like to see Nathan Ablitt go there he does not turn 15 Until March and schooling probably rules him out for a Thursday night club.

I don't know how they grade last years 3.0 point riders but if they are now 2.0  William O'Keefe would be a good shout.

3 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Whilst I would like to see Nathan Ablitt go there he does not turn 15 Until March and schooling probably rules him out for a Thursday night club.

I don't know how they grade last years 3.0 point riders but if they are now 2.0  William O'Keefe would be a good shout.

Have to admit i hadn't considered the school factor with Ablitt. Whilst O'Keefe has the determination and has bike will travel attitude he has a few cracks at various teams now and made little or no impact (except laying on the track) and not sure IOW would be any different. That said i could say that about nearly all of the out of work reserves from last year but am fearful it won't be the signing the Warriors need. I did hear that Rikki Mullins was building bikes up again...... 

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Connor King guested many times for iow hasn’t he? 

Yes although i don't remember him ever guesting on the Island (but he may have). Nice rider but stood still the last couple of years and distance always seems to be an issue? Embleton guested a fair few times too and would be a better choice despite the mammoth distances.

27 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Leek obtained a 2.86 average last year so starts on that, depends what O'Keefe obtained, if he did enough meetings whilst in a declared team. Sheppard at Plymouth I believe starts on 2.01 as not as a complete newbie. 

28 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Connor king signs, boy I’m good 

Thats disappointing for the warriors hopes. Needed an experienced reserve alongside Wirtzfeld to offer something. The belief that all teams are building with 2 rookies at reserve is false and added that he finished with a 6.22 average in the easier MDL this year is hardly inspiring. By comparison Ben Rathbone completed a similar number of meetings and finished on 10.75. Others like Sam Wooley, Luke Whitehead, Tom Spencer all bettered Kings average along with the Islands Wizards Jamie Sealey & Chris Watts. Whilst the loyalty to riders may ultimately be the undoing of the Warriors i fear this will join the long list of poor IOW reserves signed over the past few seasons. 

• Like 1