British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle of Wight 2019

Morley and Wood in the same team. Wow.

I think RTD will fill the heat leader role just fine, and Verge finally looks to be making progress.

7 hours ago, waco said:

Sings for speedway has a point the middle order have no one  who could fill a heat leader role.However the top end  will score big everywhere,much will depend on the improvement of the reserves, if one of them can move up to the top five,,they will do ok ,at least win regularly at home..

I see the point about the 3rd heat leader but realistically the way the team is built Morley & Wood will always get heat 15 and will always be competitive. So it’s only in the 3 races that the 3 & 4 race together that we might be lacking in but RTD & Verge should be able to comfortably beat opposition second strings and reserves at home and with having 2 big hitters you wouldn’t expect to track a high averaged 3rd heat leader to rival the likes of Jenkins or Phillips anyway. 

• Like 1

At this time of festive cheer, I would to wish you all a very merry Christmas and thank you for your support of the Wightlink Warriors and Wizards. It means the world to Martin and I the feedback across the forum on the Warriors and Wizards. It is all very useful for us as we slowly develop our product further and within budget. So thank you, whether you are a season ticket holder, member of staff or someone who just looks in from a distance. Thanks.

Have a great Christmas with those you love, and I look forward to seeing you, hearing from you or pondering your thoughts on here in the future.

All the best

Barry (and Martin)

• Like 7

Very happy to read our 2018 programme has been voted joint most improved across all 3 leagues and while I feel what we do is right if there is anything you would like to be considered for inclusion for 2019 do let us know. :)

Congratuations to our programme team, sponsors, contributors and everyone involved in its production. Thank you

2019 working party dates are announced.

Jan 18th - 20th

Feb 15 - 16th (17th off to celebration of speedway)

Mar 15 - 17th.

Be really great to see some of you there if you can to help with the continuous stadium improvement program to make the stadium the best it can be.

Thank you  :)

Hi,

The Wightlink Warriors have been nominated for another award. If you can vote for us I would really appreciate it and share it to other forums with like minded people.

The awards can be found at redfunnel.co.uk/awards and the Wightlinkj Warriors are nominated in the best land based activity section.

Thank you very much in advance  :)

Barry

33 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

Hi,

The Wightlink Warriors have been nominated for another award. If you can vote for us I would really appreciate it and share it to other forums with like minded people.

The awards can be found at redfunnel.co.uk/awards and the Wightlinkj Warriors are nominated in the best land based activity section.

Thank you very much in advance  :)

Barry

No nomination for best place to meet a furry friend!

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2018 at 11:58 AM, arnieg said:

No nomination for best place to meet a furry friend!

I shudder to think what Barry & martin would do to get that nomination for next year......:o

• Like 1

Purchase their own Ferry perhaps to double the crowd ?

Start a petition for the tunnel again?:)

Actually scrub that, think it might upset your headline sponsor!

Edited by gazzac

Now I'm back in the UK I'm looking forward spending my Tuesday nights on the island again....

Aye?...Thursdays? Have I really been away that long?

Good luck to the IOW promotion and I can't wait to see all my "caulkhead" friends again...on any night of the week...

Poole are running on thursdays next season. I don't know if that means a change of race night on the island.

Barry and Martin are hosting a Fans Forum on 19 January at 7.00 pm in Premier Lounge at Smallbrook Stadium. All welcome.

Main points from Fans Forum - very well attended by supporters, riders, sponsors and volunteers:

Wightlink continue and expand sponsorship.

Admission prices (including season tickets) held at 2018 levels

Press and practice date to be advised once Eastbourne fixtures known.

First meeting Thursday 11 April - Vince Mapley Memorial Trophy

Second meeting Tuesday 16 April described as a ‘special’ meeting for which Thursday 18 April is reserved should the Tuesday be rained off. Details very soon.

Wizards will continue in 2019 in the SDL.

Plenty of other open discussion on various matters including the NL AGM outcome and implications, ongoing financial stability, award spin-off’s, sponsorship, My First Skid, social media and profile.

• Like 4

On 1/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, Rob Dyer said:

Main points from Fans Forum - very well attended by supporters, riders, sponsors and volunteers:

Wightlink continue and expand sponsorship.

Admission prices (including season tickets) held at 2018 levels

Press and practice date to be advised once Eastbourne fixtures known.

First meeting Thursday 11 April - Vince Mapley Memorial Trophy

Second meeting Tuesday 16 April described as a ‘special’ meeting for which Thursday 18 April is reserved should the Tuesday be rained off. Details very soon.

Wizards will continue in 2019 in the SDL.

Plenty of other open discussion on various matters including the NL AGM outcome and implications, ongoing financial stability, award spin-off’s, sponsorship, My First Skid, social media and profile.

16th April meeting announced as the British U21 Semi-Final. Not bad ;)

• Like 2