British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tosh1218

Engines

On 12/6/2018 at 11:22 AM, GWC said:

If that’s the case then no wonder the cost of racing is out of control!

warm up and 4 heats = 850 ml of new oil . about £10 . rebuild every 30 races ,£400

2 hours ago, adonis said:

warm up and 4 heats = 850 ml of new oil . about £10 . rebuild every 30 races ,£400

I guess your looking at about £30 per race when you add fuel,oil, service cost and a rear tyre. I don't know how long things like both chains and clutch plates last either.

Edited by Bald Bloke

22 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I guess your looking at about £30 per race when you add fuel,oil, service cost and a rear tyre. I don't know how long things like both chains and clutch plates last either.

some elite league riders bin the clutch plates after every meeting , others keep them for 4 or 5 ,  8 plates at £40 each ,  front chains  last for about 10 meetings unless you want to risk your neck and have one break then you can push them further , About £40  for a primary chain . back ones last about the same and cost the same , if you want to maintain reliable kit  speedway is a money pit  with no bottom , dont forget the chainsprays and  filter sprays , clutch bodies at £500 dont last a full season either

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, adonis said:

some elite league riders bin the clutch plates after every meeting , others keep them for 4 or 5 ,  8 plates at £40 each ,  front chains  last for about 10 meetings unless you want to risk your neck and have one break then you can push them further , About £40  for a primary chain . back ones last about the same and cost the same , if you want to maintain reliable kit  speedway is a money pit  with no bottom , dont forget the chainsprays and  filter sprays , clutch bodies at £500 dont last a full season either

Thanks for that :t:

Edit.. I had a look at Andy Smith's shop.Prices ain't bad really. NEB clutch plates are £9.50 each, NEB Elite clutch drums are £145. Interesting to look at :t:

http://www.frp-uk.com

Edited by Bald Bloke