British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Good luck hope Leon is in your plans

Delighted to be back, definitely feels like the right move for the club, hopefully I can pick a meeting up when I come back to visit next year.

I would steer clear of Hume, no talent issues but just can't trust him to stay healthy. Ellis, Bacon, Wajtknecht, Shanes and Flint I think leaves 6.65 for the last rider, I'd like to see that, plenty of scope for improvement in those 5.

2 hours ago, CUFC_Brummie said:

Delighted to be back, definitely feels like the right move for the club, hopefully I can pick a meeting up when I come back to visit next year.

I would steer clear of Hume, no talent issues but just can't trust him to stay healthy. Ellis, Bacon, Wajtknecht, Shanes and Flint I think leaves 6.65 for the last rider, I'd like to see that, plenty of scope for improvement in those 5.

But Brummie Bacon ended up with a worse injury than Hume that is speedway you need some luck.Hume has ability yes you are right if he has another season of injury woes then yes you would be concerned..

2 hours ago, CUFC_Brummie said:

That’s a poor looking Team IMO,think they will have stronger line up than that.

• Like 1

So pleased we have made the move up, its 100 per cent the right time. We have had four good seasons in the National League but the third tier is not where this club should be especially after the outcome of the NL AGM, 36 points limit is a disaster for a club like Birmingham. The management have been absolutely fantastic in their first season its a learning curve for the Masons but Ive been impressed, they can really build this club back up again for sure. I'm looking forward to going to tracks Ive never been to before and to get away from Cradley :D.

Good to see Ulrich back at Birmingham, its been 10 years but he did well for us in his spell then. Adam Ellis is a rider I wouldnt mind seeing back, he was brilliant when he rode for us against Peterborough, Ben Barker is another one who is very popular with Brummies fans. Tom Bacon and/or James Shanes are the riders I would consider from this years side. Would say Leon but think he will be at Berwick. Hopefully we can have a solid side from 1 to 7.

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s a poor looking Team IMO,think they will have stronger line up than that.

I think you're right there....I'd sign Ben Barker

I think Leon would struggle in the Championship imo

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

Welcome back to the Championship, Birmingham, all the best this season (although not too much luck against the Scorpions, please)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Good luck hope Leon is in your plans

I’d rather see him in Berwick’s plans

Edited by Heedthebaw
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I’d rather see him in Berwick’s plans

To much pressure in local team has had a full season at Brum what about Luke Ruddick ?

11 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

To much pressure in local team has had a full season at Brum what about Luke Ruddick ?

If you want to be the best you have to be able to handle pressure, he’d be under probably more pressure at Brum because of what he achieved there last year.

i think Luke is capable of stepping up too, Wouldn’t it be great to see two local youngsters develop into top riders in the next few years.

• Like 1

All know the track ...................              

1  ADAM ELLIS                      7.84     

2  TOM BACON                      4.67  

3  BEN BARKER                     7.05 

4  SIMON LAMBERT             4.29    

5  ULRICH OSTERGUAARD  7.13   

6  DANYON HUME                3.79  

7  LEON FLINT                       2.00   

LEAVES  1.23

This is the team i would have.........

Edited by Bluenose

1 minute ago, Bluenose said:

All know the track ...................              

1  ADAM ELLIS                      7.84     

2  TOM BACON                      4.67  

3  BEN BARKER                     7.05 

4  DANYON HUME                 3.79   

5  ULRICH OSTERGUAARD  7.13   

6  SIMON LAMBERT             4.29   

7  LEON FLINT                       2.00   

LEAVES  1.23

This is the team i would have.........

If you're going to leave 1.23 with this limit then you're mental.

• Like 5

So chuffed for Birmingham to be back on board - good luck guys - so much better than the pseudo ‘coventry’ outfit at the hell hole of Leicester  

Edited by markyb