British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

I’m probably in the minority here, but I don’t particularly want Zack Wajtknecht back - during his last spell with us he seemed decidedly disinterested. 

• Like 1

Mitch Davey/Tom Bacon would be great....they can gate and both would be hard to catch!

Shanesy/Flint and Hume are all riders that are great coming from the back, but I cant see them having much joy in the Championship riding that way?

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Its funny that you should say that, as I heard the same thing directly from a speedway manager the other day !  He said there is a rule that says each club has to own so many riders, but I cant for the life of me remember how many it is ?

I would assume that the BSPA would offer up time for the Brummies to accumulate some riding assets. Especially as the BSPA stripped the Brummies of all their previous rider assets when they were in the National League, so leaving the team to start from nothing.

For as long as it takes to get an asset base together, the Brummies will be under considerable financial pressure. For now, every rider will incur loan fees without any "own asset" riding elsewhere earning loan fees in return. The established teams will be able to balance out the swings with the roundabouts, whereas the Brummies won't have that luxury, so whilst other teams can budget on paying for their riders, the Brummies first have to see what's left in the wages kitty after feeding the other teams in the league who they have to pay the loan fees to.

Something to be remembered when the inevitable squeels are heard from some fans when they learn of the increased admission prices for next year.

• Like 1

I think its been mentioned already........I wouldn't mind seeing Danny Gappmaier at B'ham next season....he looked very impressive in the ILC meeting v Peterborough.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I was thinking ash Morris as he is local so would be a cheaper option and he was Masons pick in the meeting where he took over and was also invited to ride for Birmingham in the Peterboro meeting scoring well 9+2 from 5 rides

#JUSTSAYING :rofl:

You've got a good un in Ash.  He has served the Diamonds well these last few seasons.  Good Luck to him.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

You've got a good un in Ash.  He has served the Diamonds well these last few seasons.  Good Luck to him.

Yeah he performed well in our challenge meeting and hopefully he can stick a point on his average . With it been so local you you cant really blame him .

Mitch Davey has tweeted he's on the look out for NL/CL team places for 2019 - he wasn't given the 3.00 average required for PL racing...…. Would like to see him back at the Barr.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Mitch Davey has tweeted he's on the look out for NL/CL team places for 2019 - he wasn't given the 3.00 average required for PL racing...…. Would like to see him back at the Barr.

What is hes starting PL average if its a 2.00 i would get him straight in at number 7 unfortunately would probably be at Leons expense although leon has said on FB today he is announcing some news shortly about where he is riding next year so at least he is sorted either way . 

45 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Just great to see Mitch back on a bike wherever he rides.....top bloke !

• Like 3

Ashley Morris is a really good signing, a solid second string who has had a good few seasons up on Tyneside, so its easy to see why alot of Newcastle fans wanted him back. He averaged 6+ at home last year and for me hes more than capable of putting a points on his 5.44 average esp now the points limit has been reduced.

David Mason said in the double page feature in the Speedway Star that all the team has been signed up and we be announced before christmas. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brummie Kev said:

Ashley Morris is a really good signing, a solid second string who has had a good few seasons up on Tyneside, so its easy to see why alot of Newcastle fans wanted him back. He averaged 6+ at home last year and for me hes more than capable of putting a points on his 5.44 average esp now the points limit has been reduced.

David Mason said in the double page feature in the Speedway Star that all the team has been signed up and we be announced before christmas. 

I think he averaged just over 7 at home?  he's definitely going to be popular around PB 

Fair play to the Masons.....their commitment to the Brummies is unquestionable, throw in the dedication and experience of Lee Kilby as head of commercial and we're in for a promising season.