British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

I've read somewhere that Birmingham have got all their riders in place ..... So why drip feed the info ?

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I've read somewhere that Birmingham have got all their riders in place ..... So why drip feed the info ?

If you name them all at once you get one story in the local papers.    Name them one at a time and you get 7 stories in the local papers

• Like 7

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

And ???

That just sells papers...it doesn't bring in 'new' supporters! ?

Bloody hell!   How thick can you get?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd of thought revealing your hand would inspire Season ticket sales for Xmas presents ?

Depends how good the signings are though:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Bloody hell!   How thick can you get?

Charming....

Class lady from the North !

Sorry....I meant 'girl'....'grow up you top hat !

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Usually all 7 riders agree deals first before any announcements are done, it would be unprofessional to do so.

Teams don't sign riders one by one and announce straight away hoping that they will all fit to the points limit in the end.

Does this drip feed of information happen anywhere else? Polish fans knew who was in their teams weeks ago. Why wouldn't Sheffield, Somerset and Scunthorpe want 7 newspaper articles if they thought it was good for them?

Like many things in Speedway, this is outdated thinking, perpetuated by those who can't or won't move with the times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Does this drip feed of information happen anywhere else? Polish fans knew who was in their teams weeks ago. Why wouldn't Sheffield, Somerset and Scunthorpe want 7 newspaper articles if they thought it was good for them?

Like many things in Speedway, this is outdated thinking, perpetuated by those who can't or won't move with the times.

Drip feed of information happens everywhere , just look at the build up of teams so far. For example Ipswich have yet to name a single rider but Chris Louis has confirmed he has actually signed four riders.

9 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Yes, outdated thinking...  Like the way "Strictly Come Dancing", and "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" release their celebrity contestants to the media one at a time over a couple of weeks...   Look at those 2 outdated programmes languishing at the bottom of the TV ratings...

...Oh, no, they're the top programmes in the ratings...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, screm said:

Drip feed of information happens everywhere , just look at the build up of teams so far. For example Ipswich have yet to name a single rider but Chris Louis has confirmed he has actually signed four riders.

I think he is just protecting the supporters by not telling us the team and potentially ruining our Christmas.  

The truth is we need to wait to see who isn’t wanted and pick up the pieces. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Yes, outdated thinking...  Like the way "Strictly Come Dancing", and "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" release their celebrity contestants to the media one at a time over a couple of weeks...   Look at those 2 outdated programmes languishing at the bottom of the TV ratings...

...Oh, no, they're the top programmes in the ratings...

They get good ratings coz of the nature of the programme....NOT coz of the so-called celebrity contestants???

I haven't heard of half of them ???

P.s Holly Willoughby's the only that's got my attention this time round..... : ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Disappointed to hear that Danyon hasn't got a place in Brummies 2019 team - according to Danyon's post on FB - his average no longer fits. I'm sure he'll soon get a team spot somewhere, and will hopefully be back in the Brummies fold before too long.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

And ???

That just sells papers...it doesn't bring in 'new' supporters! ?

Wrong, it maintains continuity of media interest through the close season and then they don't abandon your club or relegate you to the village fete page when the season starts.

• Like 4