British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

41 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Leon isn't good enough for the Championship just yet ! imo.....

Think with the standard of the league this season, Flint should be more then fine.

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thats probably a fair statement in terms of being ready for the Championship as a whole but compared to other Championship reserves he won't be bottom of the pile.

As for Paco over Hume, thats a clear cut case as you will get as to what is currently wrong with British speedway

7 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thats probably a fair statement in terms of being ready for the Championship as a whole but compared to other Championship reserves he won't be bottom of the pile.

As for Paco over Hume, thats a clear cut case as you will get as to what is currently wrong with British speedway

Your right on both counts IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zlata prilba said:

So Paco Castagna is the next to sign.He can't be as bad as the last Itai we had in Crapenesse

Italians dont do so good over here, Carpanese, P Castagna and not to mention Simone Terenzani who raced for Hull i believe. 

Shame on Birmingham choosing Paco over Danyom :angry:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Leon isn't good enough for the Championship just yet ! imo.....

I don't mean my 'post' to sound as harsh as it might appear to?

Leon is obviously an outstanding talent....I'm just reflecting on how difficult some of the so called 'better' riders fair'd last season ?

I really hope he has a great season at Berwick!

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Shame on Birmingham choosing Paco over Danyom :angry:

Looking forward to hearing the reason/s ???

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Send him upto Newcastle Please.

Be great if your club took him he would come on a bundle he can average 5 plus in the Championship  no problem just needs a bit of luck.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Looking forward to hearing the reason/s ???

Is Paco anyone else's "asset"? If he's a  free agent then it could be the first step towards Birmingham building their own asset base, and it will save on paying Danyon's loan fee assuming it really was a one or the other choice.

2 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

So Paco Castagna is the next to sign.He can't be as bad as the last Itai we had in Crapenesse

To be Italian Champion, wouldn't he have had to beat Nico Covatti?

8 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Is Paco anyone else's "asset"? If he's a  free agent then it could be the first step towards Birmingham building their own asset base, and it will save on paying Danyon's loan fee assuming it really was a one or the other choice.

He was an Ipswich asset but looks to have gone to Birmingham full time. Very poor signing, should do better if he's at reserve, but there are far better riders than Paco out there.

35 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I don't mean my 'post' to sound as harsh as it might appear to?

Leon is obviously an outstanding talent....I'm just reflecting on how difficult some of the so called 'better' riders fair'd last season ?

I really hope he has a great season at Berwick!

What has last season got to do with it? The points limit has been dropped by 4.5. Lawlor, Ruddick, Bickley, Kemp, Clegg, Rowe, Atkins, Kinsley, Bailey,  Brennan, Bowtell, Wood have all got team places already in the Championship and it is rumoured that Chessell will be joining that list, Leon Flint is near the top of that list of young British reserve riders and will do just fine riding for Berwick and the fans will back him just like the Workington fans did with Kyle Bickley last season when they won the treble.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

To be Italian Champion, wouldn't he have had to beat Nico Covatti?

Yes, he did, and he will be a Birmingham asset. See the Brummies website.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

He was an Ipswich asset but looks to have gone to Birmingham full time. Very poor signing, should do better if he's at reserve, but there are far better riders than Paco out there.

I wonder if Ipswich will be as generous with Michael Hartel? Do the 4 meetings he rode for them even qualify for becoming an asset? Wouldn't mind betting he's got a lot of improvement in him, and the Witches won't be able to take him into the Premiership with them this year, so maybe there's a rider that the Brummies could invest in?

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I wonder if Ipswich will be as generous with Michael Hartel? Do the 4 meetings he rode for them even qualify for becoming an asset? Wouldn't mind betting he's got a lot of improvement in him, and the Witches won't be able to take him into the Premiership with them this year, so maybe there's a rider that the Brummies could invest in?

Brum sadly have a injury jinx that needs to be lifted and that certainly won't be helped by including Hartel in the side. He is fast but wild in the Longtracks and showed exactly the same at Ipswich, no doubt entertainment but would almost certainly fall out with Ully/Barker and again don't think he is any better than Hume and certainly not on the average he carries.