British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Brummies fans should stay away from the Redcar thread... (mmmmmmm that's Bacon I can smell)

and for those hoping for Barker....oh no, guess what! 

Edited by RedcarRacer

36 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:
  • I liked the look of Thomsen when he rode at Redcar.

His score suggests otherwise 

• Like 1

good luck to tom at Redcar, hope he makes a full recovery from his back injury!?

I surely wonder why we didnt retain him?

Not too fussed about missing out on the enigmatic Barker!

Maybe because he did not know which way brum where going N.L or championship. And when the limit was set low teams had to act quick and sign the team......

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Maybe because he did not know which way brum where going N.L or championship. And when the limit was set low teams had to act quick and sign the team......

Snooze ya lose !!!

Edited by GiveusaB

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

His score suggests otherwise 

Most speedway fans would know that isn't the full story, esp' on a debut.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Ostergaard is definitely not a number 1 imo!

Spot on. Nick Morris? Nope, average too high.

If you can’t persuade Adam Ellis, it’s the likes of Klindt with Ostergarard as number 1!

Looks like bad team building? Shame.

Edited by DC2

This side to me looks like one that is destined to fail and looking at the signing's at other club's how harshly has Danyon Hume been treated.A dreadful decision riders like Bowtell,Wood,Kingsley,Smith,Clegg, Chessell, (etc) get spots Danyon gets shafted.He showed at Ipswich he can be a champs rider and now the league looks even weaker so disappointed riders like Danyon should be fixed up first.

• Like 2

Dont worry Sid Im sure Danyon will get fixed up soon

As you say he should be perfect for this revised league structure and do very well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Dont worry Sid Im sure Danyon will get fixed up soon

As you say he should be perfect for this revised league structure and do very well

I hope you are right Bruv , i know Danyon has had his injury problems but i just presumed he was popular with the Brummie faithful.Danyon and Tom Bacon should of been the first two on the teamsheet anyway good luck to Tom at Redcar i see Tom at Swindon last year and he must be the most improved rider in the UK.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

What the hell are you expecting? Rome to be built in a day? The Masons are English. Neither of their first names is "Sheikh" and they don't dabble with Russian Oil Company stocks and shares.

The Brummies are in a better league, on a limited budget, in just the promoters' second season in business, with commitments to aquire assets as is required by the league, having had the original assets stripped away from the club without compensation. All that means a huge outlay of cash. Not that those people who moan about admission prices care about that. Money grows on trees in their little bubbles.

Finishing the season will be a success. Entertaining racing will be a success. More people on the terraces in September than in March will be a success. All you fans from other teams, don't worry, the Brummies won't be troubling the league leaders this year. But considering where the Brummies were 3 or 4 years ago, it's already a success to be where they are now.

Let's be grateful that a foundation is being built and that in future years, the rewards will come.

Keep your hair on.  A competitive team is usually a prerequisite of “more people on the terraces in September than in March”.

Are they required to acquire assets? How many must they sign before they can take part in the league?

• Like 1

Despite my 'robust' comments re the Danyon position I certainly do hope Birmingham is a success

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, uk_martin said:

The above is from the Redcar thread.

And in other news, Ben Barker, on his Facebook page says that he's looking forward to being able to announce on Monday, who he'll be riding for in the Championship.

Now join up some dots...

In his interview on the Bears Facebook page Ben admitted to putting some false information out to keep people guessing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1