British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

What the hell are you expecting? Rome to be built in a day? The Masons are English. Neither of their first names is "Sheikh" and they don't dabble with Russian Oil Company stocks and shares.

Have to agree with every bit of that. Also this criticism about not signing D

anyon and Tom is unfair. Firstly Tom has already stated that he didnt sign for Birmingham becasue he couldnt wait for them to make up their minds. This means that once the decision was made Tom wasn't available to sign so any criticism is unfair. I certainly dont blame Tom by the way and wish him all the best for this season. I nicer bloke you could not meet and redcar have got themselves a special rider. I hope that we will see him in Brummie colours in the future.

As for Danyon I fear he has become victim of Birminghams need to aquire assets. We all know that speedway is a numbers game and Danyon and Birmingham are both victims here. All of the comments I made about Tom apply equally to Danyon and I have my fingers crossed that he is sorted soon.

The Brummies are in a better league, on a limited budget, in just the promoters' second season in business, with commitments to aquire assets as is required by the league, having had the original assets stripped away from the club without compensation. All that means a huge outlay of cash. Not that those people who moan about admission prices care about that. Money grows on trees in their little bubbles.

Finishing the season will be a success. Entertaining racing will be a success. More people on the terraces in September than in March will be a success. All you fans from other teams, don't worry, the Brummies won't be troubling the league leaders this year. But considering where the Brummies were 3 or 4 years ago, it's already a success to be where they are now.

Let's be grateful that a foundation is being built and that in future years, the rewards will come.

Just now, guitar_art said:

I think that the comments about stripping Birmingham of their assets without compensation is not strictly true.

Firslty that was a different Birmingham under different owners (And not Tony Mole as was previously stated.) The assets werent exactly stripped becasue Birmingham went under. This meant the riders registrations automatically went to the BSPA. The BSPA took over financing the riders for another match after the Phillips went under and taking over some of their debts particularly in the case of monies owed to riders.

Just now, guitar_art said:

I agree with UK Martin and GA! I’m just grateful to be watching championship speedway! Thank you David/Peter Mason . I salute you. You definitely deserve my hard earned money through the turnstiles next season!

• Like 2

uk martin name the riders bham was stripped of assets? Think you will find the riders on the list would neaver ride again anyway?

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I agree with UK Martin and GA! I’m just grateful to be watching championship speedway! Thank you David/Peter Mason . I salute you. You definitely deserve my hard earned money through the turnstiles next season!

I agree wholeheartedly.

Roll on April ??

• Like 1

Well, if money’s tight, how about Shanes and Wajtknecht for the last two? Both recently Brum riders.

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

What the hell are you expecting? Rome to be built in a day? The Masons are English. Neither of their first names is "Sheikh" and they don't dabble with Russian Oil Company stocks and shares.

The Brummies are in a better league, on a limited budget, in just the promoters' second season in business, with commitments to aquire assets as is required by the league, having had the original assets stripped away from the club without compensation. All that means a huge outlay of cash. Not that those people who moan about admission prices care about that. Money grows on trees in their little bubbles.

Finishing the season will be a success. Entertaining racing will be a success. More people on the terraces in September than in March will be a success. All you fans from other teams, don't worry, the Brummies won't be troubling the league leaders this year. But considering where the Brummies were 3 or 4 years ago, it's already a success to be where they are now.

Let's be grateful that a foundation is being built and that in future years, the rewards will come.

I don't expect anything but the team so far has alot of question mark's in it ,Castagna  is a bizarre signing but hey hope the Brummies do well.

Edited by Sidney the robin

18 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don't expect anything but the team so far has alot of question mark's in it ,Castagna  is a bizarre signing but hey hope the Brummies do well.

Part of the fun of sport is that occasionally question marks get turned into exclamation marks. Let's see what next year holds in store.

Fair play to the Masons in taking the gamble of taking the Birmingham Brummies up in to the 2nd tier. Though I suspect had they of stayed in the NL things would of gotten very stale and that would of ultimately been costly. Therefore moving up despite the extra costs was the best route to take cause as long as they get through this difficult 1st season unscathed with bigger crowds then hopefully they can continue to grow.

Danyon Hume is fast but hasn't yet proved he can ride at the speeds required in the 2nd tier consistently enough without over riding, crashing and getting injured. I can understand the Brummies being reluctant to take another chance on him, but I'd love him to establish himself in the top 2 Leagues.

Castagna seems to get a lot of chances cause of who his father is and is likely cheap but apparently has improved since his abortive spells at Sheffield and Ipswich.

The new Scandinavian is a gamble but a cheap one.

Osterrgaard has been a top 2nd tier rider but is he on the wane?

Morris should do a steady middle order job.

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 1

Welcome back to the Zach Attack. (could turn this into a hippity hoppity rap crap thing lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a Lakeside asset, who then became a BSPA asset when Lakeside ceased operations? So is there a chance of Zach also becoming a Brummies asset now?  I guess we'll find out when the full story emerges later in the day.

Welcome back to the Zach Attack. (could turn this into a hippity hoppity rap crap thing lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a Lakeside asset, who then became a BSPA asset when Lakeside ceased operations? So is there a chance of Zach also becoming a Brummies asset now?  I guess we'll find out when the full story emerges later in the day.

Asset of Swindon, I believe.