British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Now the promotion are making a sensible signing. Whilst its not the most spectacular side in the world (nor was it going to be with the re-build/move up etc) signing riders that the fans have an affinity too will appease some of the results if (when) they don't go Brums way. Still think no Hume is a travesty but if Shanes/Davey is the final rider there is some hope for the fans to keep coming each week.

21 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

Fair play to the Masons in taking the gamble of taking the Birmingham Brummies up in to the 2nd tier. Though I suspect had they of stayed in the NL things would of gotten very stale and that would of ultimately been costly. Therefore moving up despite the extra costs was the best route to take cause as long as they get through this difficult 1st season unscathed with bigger crowds then hopefully they can continue to grow.

Danyon Hume is fast but hasn't yet proved he can ride at the speeds required in the 2nd tier consistently enough without over riding, crashing and getting injured. I can understand the Brummies being reluctant to take another chance on him, but I'd love him to establish himself in the top 2 Leagues.

Castagna seems to get a lot of chances cause of who his father is and is likely cheap but apparently has improved since his abortive spells at Sheffield and Ipswich.

The new Scandinavian is a gamble but a cheap one.

Osterrgaard has been a top 2nd tier rider but is he on the wane?

Morris should do a steady middle order job.

I see your point about Hume but as you say he has the speed i am afraid alot of the 2 pointers  have not.Most of them  have a year of struggle to look forward to but fingers crossed loads of Brits will break through.Going back to Hume maybe he needs a regular tutor ie like a Steve Lawson to keep him in check over his over riding and (trying to hard).

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Welcome back to the Zach Attack. (could turn this into a hippity hoppity rap crap thing lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a Lakeside asset, who then became a BSPA asset when Lakeside ceased operations? So is there a chance of Zach also becoming a Brummies asset now?  I guess we'll find out when the full story emerges later in the day.

http://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3023

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I see your point about Hume but as you say he has the speed i am afraid alot of the 2 pointers  have not.Most of them  have a year of struggle to look forward to but fingers crossed loads of Brits will break through.Going back to Hume maybe he needs a regular tutor ie like a Steve Lawson to keep him in check over his over riding and (trying to hard).

On a 3.79 (pre-reduction) average he’s a lot more expensive points wise than a two pointer. 

10 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

On a 3.79 (pre-reduction) average he’s a lot more expensive points wise than a two pointer. 

Some of those 2 pointers will be like Bickley this year  wont even average much more over  two points. saying that  the league does seem easier in 2019.Will Ruddick, Chessell,Bailey, Lawlor,Kinsley,( ect) average 3.79? i hope i am wrong and i am glad these young Brits are getting a chance i hope some push on.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Welcome back to the Zach Attack. (could turn this into a hippity hoppity rap crap thing lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he a Lakeside asset, who then became a BSPA asset when Lakeside ceased operations? So is there a chance of Zach also becoming a Brummies asset now?  I guess we'll find out when the full story emerges later in the day.

Would imagine he is more likely to become a Swindon asset as they had already signed him.

18 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Thanks. No surprise with Lee Kilby's connections at Swindon that Zach would be at Birmingham. For the same reason, I won't fall over in surprise if James Shanes became our 7th signing.

It will definitely be Shanes or Davey imo....(I'm leaning towards it being Davey?)

40 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

It will definitely be Shanes or Davey imo....(I'm leaning towards it being Davey?)

I would opt for Shanes..........seeems to have got overlooked at Sheffield. Again its looks like a good british youngster missing out through the Tigers bringing in foreigners (Nicol & Kennedy). Yes.....I know the Brummies have brought in a new Dane and an Italian. I am not taking a dig at Sheffield, it's just the realities of British speedway.

If we were all clammering to include Tom Bacon in the team, why not James; as he only just finished second to Tom in the Brummies averages last year. Still only 21, so still relatively young. Seen him have some good rides over the years. I would also worry about Mitchell Davey comming back after such a serious injury last year. It would be good to see Mitchell in a Brummies race jacket this year, but given the team the Brummies will have in 2019 I don't think we can afford to take the risk with Mitch.

Edited by Brummie Boy
Add to comments
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

thought you moved up a league, so far looks very poor

You're well named.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

I would like to say I think you are being a bit harsh about the Brummies  but they do look a bit on the weak side and may struggle a bit, Ostergaard  should easily hold on to being NO;1 but with an untried Dane and an Italian that has struggled big time eating up 9 points I feel is too much of a gamble but I wish you the best of luck and hope they prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, Cupidstunt said:

Instead of going round every thread making provocative remarks, why not just top yourself? That way we'll all be happy.