British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

...but i suspect asset base building will continue being the driving force so Michael Hartel,...

I asked about Michael Hartel a few days ago and was told that he's already an Ipswich asset. Who knows though, they might kindly donate him eh?

Would like to see him at Perry Barr though. Every time I've seen him at Gustrow and Teterow, he's been very impressive, and definately the pick of the crop of current German youngsters. He was showing a clean pair of heals to Jack Smith and Adam Ellis there over the last 2 years, so the talent is there, it'll just be a matter of learning about new tracks.

19 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I asked about Michael Hartel a few days ago and was told that he's already an Ipswich asset. Who knows though, they might kindly donate him eh?

Would like to see him at Perry Barr though. Every time I've seen him at Gustrow and Teterow, he's been very impressive, and definately the pick of the crop of current German youngsters. He was showing a clean pair of heals to Jack Smith and Adam Ellis there over the last 2 years, so the talent is there, it'll just be a matter of learning about new tracks.

Certainly quick enough, only question marks ive heard are regarding his control as has a bit of a reputation from the Longtrack scene of wiping riders out BUT that is only what ive been told and not seen first hand.

40 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

How did he become an asset without riding enough matches to get an average? Just asking.

Great to see Danyon get signed up at Leicester.....albeit in the NL....an injury free season in the NL won't do him any harm at all.

Not sure Leicesters track will suit his all-out racing style though (hopefully they'll have sorted that dodgy 3rd/4th bend out?)

Good luck to Danyon....he'll be missed at PB.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

How did he become an asset without riding enough matches to get an average? Just asking.

Yeah, I asked too. Nobody seems to know, other than Ipswich have his contract...or so I was told. Aparently Ipswich work in mysterious ways their riders to sign.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

You don't have to ride the stipulated 4H and 4A to make a rider an asset. If you sign a rider and bring him to this country to ride, he is your asset once the contract is signed. Similarly a junior rider riding second halfs can sign a contract to ride for the club without actually riding for them up to that point. 

Edited by Tsunami

44 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You don't have to ride the stipulated 4H and 4A to make a rider an asset. If you sign a rider and bring him to this country to ride, he is your asset once the contract is signed. Similarly a junior rider riding second halfs can sign a contract to ride for the club without actually riding for them up to that point. 

Thanks. Is it compulsory for Brum to sign assets and how many must they sign?

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Apparently, yes and two. And to answer DC2, Birmingham have signed a Dane, Tobias Thomsen, as an asset (probably because of this rule) without him riding for the team.

Edited by *JJ

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

You have to have a certain value of riders, say £15k, or deposit the value with BSPA. 

Personally I can’t see a team of second strings with 2 foreign reserves plus a 3rd heat leader at number 1, bringing the fans back even if they’re in the league that they want! At least they finally signed some continuity in Zach & Shanes. 

• Like 1

Good to see a new side in the PL, it was never going to be a dominant team but this is awful. Who's going to win races away from home? Zach & Shanes the only ones with any great scope for improvement.

I love, absolutely love, that so many are writing us off. Are they right to do so? I have no idea, its gonna be an interesting season finding out.

In 2012 we had a similar looking team. That team finished 3rd in the Elite league

in 2013 We had a similar looking team. That team finished 1st in the Elite league.

Both seasons we were written off in a similar way.

Now I am not predicting the same for us this year. I leave the predicting to those with far more knowledge and bigger (crystal) balls than me.

Who gives a monkey's where we finish in the league ???

We're finally going to see some exciting speedway down at PB again!

My only wish for the season is that 'financially' we remain viable!

Well done Peter and David Mason, you've definitely surpassed my expectations from a supporter's point of view!

Shanes as our last signing is great.....equally as good as Tom Bacon around PB and rides more lines imo!

• Like 2