British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

On 12/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, DC2 said:

Well, if money’s tight, how about Shanes and Wajtknecht for the last two? Both recently Brum riders.

Oh, blimey!

My big chance to get some respect by saying that what I was "hearing" was right and that "my sources were correct". 

Total uninformed, random guesswork :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You have to have a certain value of riders, say £15k, or deposit the value with BSPA. 

But why wouldn't the BSPA encourage clubs to come up from the NL by relaxing this rule and requiring no loan fees for the first two seasons to help financial viability? Can they not see this?

It's a stupid rule anyway. The asset system is outdated, subjective and corrupt and there should be as free a market as possible with the sport on a knife edge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You have to have a certain value of riders, say £15k, or deposit the value with BSPA. 

Who values the riders out of interest? Do you know what the lowest financial bracket is?

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Who values the riders out of interest? Do you know what the lowest financial bracket is?

The people in Make Believe Land

37 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Apparently Matt Ford said you have to be unbiased and have no vested interest ........ as he lifted one of his bum cheeks from the chair and removed his vest. Ah, those loopholes.  :)

10 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Probably the worst team that has even been assembled in the rebranded SGB Championship. Ostergaard & Newman as a top 2. OUCH!

Certainly a tough ask. Any combinations of Waj, Shanes, Morris & Newman looks good in the 2,3 & 4 positions BUT one of them is going to get stuck at number 5. I guess the benefit of higher averaged reserves is that its possible for any of them to drop down (providing Paco & Thomsen don't do worse) unless a healthy lead is built up before heat 12 i fear for this side. 

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Personally I can’t see a team of second strings with 2 foreign reserves plus a 3rd heat leader at number 1, bringing the fans back even if they’re in the league that they want! At least they finally signed some continuity in Zach & Shanes. 

Personally, imo....a No.1 Rider doesn't bring fans back ??? value for money has more of a chance?

A close fought out meeting grabs my attention.....not 15 Heats of 5-1's !

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Probably the worst team that has even been assembled in the rebranded SGB Championship. Ostergaard & Newman as a top 2. OUCH!

totally agree, will do well to win the raffle never mind a meeting

Edited by Cupidstunt
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Could be as successful as Lawrence Rogers mildenhall 2008 season 

• Haha 1

I am trying to be positive about this team but i am really struggling the worst team in the League combined with the Worst manager in the whole of speedway possibly the history of British speedway does not bode well at all.. 

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

But why wouldn't the BSPA encourage clubs to come up from the NL by relaxing this rule and requiring no loan fees for the first two seasons to help financial viability? Can they not see this?

It's a stupid rule anyway. The asset system is outdated, subjective and corrupt and there should be as free a market as possible with the sport on a knife edge.

Probably one of the reasons why negotiations took more than 5 minutes to complete, and the decision making process on whether or not to accept, took even longer. Just a guess, like.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Reason i asked is because if the lowest value a rider could have was £500 for example then Brum just needed 30 second half riders to be assets to cover it. Even if the gave them £50 each to sign on it would have cost them £1500 to get the £15,000 value required.

Probably plenty of reasons why that wouldn't have worked but if i actually got it right for once please keep the Masons away from the Perr Barr flyover

Edited by Sings4Speedway

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Ostergaard, Newman and Morris as heatleaders are well behind Palm Toft, Wright and Barker at the fancied Redcar, but Wajtknecht, Shanes, Thomsen and Castagna should individually beat their counterparts, Bacon, Stewart, Greaves and Smith, unless Stewart has a breakthrough season.

There is hope of better than bottom for Brum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Like everything in life, it depends on who would pay what, so it's very subjective. In saying that it's not that hard to equate one transfer against historical transfers and not be that far out. I have been out of Promotion for a number of years now so I am not aware what the current level is.