British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Ostergaard, Newman and Morris as heatleaders are well behind Palm Toft, Wright and Barker at the fancied Redcar, but Wajtknecht, Shanes, Thomsen and Castagna should individually beat their counterparts, Bacon, Stewart, Greaves and Smith, unless Stewart has a breakthrough season.

There is hope of better than bottom for Brum.

Nothing between the bottom four let's be fair. Thomsen & Castagna should focus on beating an opponent first.

One positive is at least Magic won’t have to worry about going to B&Q to pick some wood to build a trophy cabinet.;)

2 hours ago, semion said:

One positive is at least Magic won’t have to worry about going to B&Q to pick some wood to build a trophy cabinet.;)

And in breaking news, Semion has posted something on the Brummies thread without calling us Yam Yams :D

It’s a v poor looking team IMO.

It was already a brave move stepping up, I assume the business plan only works with increased attendances as costs will be much higher. The future viability of the club is at stake as after a while attendances will tumble if they start to lose at home consistently- nobody wants to watch a losing team every week- only the die hard fans will turn up in time.

I really hope for the  brummies sake they surprise everyone and click.

7 minutes ago, Always a RACER said:

...- only the die hard fans will turn up in ...

Birmingham are already down to the die hards thanks to the NL. The problem with Birmingham's die hards is that at their age, they are dying out. It needs the Championship to get any chance of replacing the old fans with new. Rocks and hard places and all that.

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

And in breaking news, Semion has posted something on the Brummies thread without calling us Yam Yams :D

Thought you were deserving of a post now Magic has taken you back into the big time.  

How on earth does an experienced Speedway rider think that team will be competitive ?

Guest WTF1
On 12/20/2018 at 1:28 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am trying to be positive about this team but i am really struggling the worst team in the League combined with the Worst manager in the whole of speedway possibly the history of British speedway does not bode well at all.. 

Sorry,  Scunthorpe have the worst team manager 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am trying to be positive about this team but i am really struggling the worst team in the League combined with the Worst manager in the whole of speedway possibly the history of British speedway does not bode well at all.. 

Oh no! Don't tell me that Drury is back in charge.

19 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Birmingham are already down to the die hards thanks to the NL. The problem with Birmingham's die hards is that at their age, they are dying out. It needs the Championship to get any chance of replacing the old fans with new. Rocks and hard places and all that.

People who don't go to the Brummies keep repeating this mantra, but it's not actually true. Have you been there this year? The promotion made a great effort to attract new and young fans, generally successfully.

• Like 1

people complaining about the team should just reflect that the chances of ending the season with the same 7 you start with are nil. No one ever does

47 minutes ago, ch958 said:

people complaining about the team should just reflect that the chances of ending the season with the same 7 you start with are nil. No one ever does

oh yes they do , oh no they dont , OH YES THEY  DO , Workington did it IN 2018  .!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

oh yes they do , oh no they dont , OH YES THEY  DO , Workington did it IN 2018  .!

Did Dan Bewley complete the season then ???

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

The only people complaining about the team, don't even support the club !!!

Fed up of reading the criticism......'We're not bothered who rides....we're in the Championship and not the farcical NL '!!!

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Did Dan Bewley complete the season then ???

as a contracted rider in the team , so yes .

Just now, jenga said:

as a contracted rider in the team , so yes .

I misinterpreted the original post then???:t: