British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

1 hour ago, speedy bill said:

Islamic faith school that should not be allowed very racist 

As you quoted me, please show where in my quote I said that the faith school "should not be allowed"?

Then please explain why a matter of fact report on what's going on is "very racist"?

As for the rest of the trip you wrote, well that's not worth repeating.

• Like 3

Such "faith" schools are themselves racist and sexist and the existence of any such biased organisation, educating young people should not be permitted.

• Like 1

Not feeling any excitement at all for the Brummies 2019 season has the fact we have built a pretty uninspiring side led to that ??

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Not feeling any excitement at all for the Brummies 2019 season has the fact we have built a pretty uninspiring side led to that ??

Would BWD an option?

40 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Maybe you have expectations that can't be delivered at this point. If you expect to be challenging the top teams, dream on.

The Mason's have put together a side that suits their budget in their first year in the Championship and you never know how that will spin out throughout the season. In 1997 when we opened up Newcastle, some fans had similar thoughts. One rider got injured and we replaced him mid season, whilst one rider got a broken leg in our Press and Practice meeting  and our top rider got a broken collarbone in our first meeting. We finished 3rd at the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Maybe you have expectations that can't be delivered at this point. If you expect to be challenging the top teams, dream on.

The Mason's have put together a side that suits their budget in their first year in the Championship and you never know how that will spin out throughout the season. In 1997 when we opened up Newcastle, some fans had similar thoughts. One rider got injured and we replaced him mid season, whilst one rider got a broken leg in our Press and Practice meeting  and our top rider got a broken collarbone in our first meeting. We finished 3rd at the end of the season. 

Andre broke his ankle in the P&P.  We finished fourth in the league.

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

Andre broke his ankle in the P&P.  We finished fourth in the league.

Glyn was replaced by Juul, Jesper had the collarbone break in our first meeting and Andre got a spiral fracture of his leg in P&P. Your point is what ?.

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Glyn was replaced by Juul, Jesper had the collarbone break in our first meeting and Andre got a spiral fracture of his leg in P&P. Your point is what ?.

Info from a fading memory and Newcastle History website concerning Andre:

http://www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk/1990s.htm

My point is just correcting you in we finished fourth.  No malicious motive.

41 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Info from a fading memory and Newcastle History website concerning Andre:

http://www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk/1990s.htm

My point is just correcting you in we finished fourth.  No malicious motive.

So why just mention Andre ? :cry:

Anyway it's not our Thread.

Edited by Tsunami

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

More than likely. Whilst it is clear that budgets need to be stuck too the Brum team assembled isn't so much poor as dull. Shanes will give a few thrills and who knows what will happen when the Oystercard red mist comes down but the rest are just solid. Perhaps it shows a shift in expectations that fans want entertainers and not just winners? Although the lack of winners may be the issue with this side? I can't see that many last places but can't see that many heat wins either. 

19 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Splash inordinate ammounts of cash on something that the Brummies would currently find unaffordable, and end up in the same place as the Workington Comets.

Reality can teach some harsh lessons and fans need to be mindful of that. 2019 may not feature a team of Galacticos, but at least it's a team that should ensure some continuity of the club into 2020 and hopefully beyond.

• Like 5

On 1/16/2019 at 5:10 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Would you prefer the alternative??? Another 'BORING' season in the mickey mouse NL ???

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm chuffed that we've moved up and I'm confident of seeing some 'value for money' racing at PB this season!

• Like 2

Tough start for the Brummies with two trips to Arlington in April but if they need to make an early change I can see Bradley Wilson Dean who is well known to David Mason being drafted in now Workington have gone.  There is nothing boring about him.

I hope Brummies have a decent year as Mason is a real Speedway enthusiast and has taken on a real challenge. 

Nice to have the Fixtures out, a bit frustrating for both us and Eagles I suppose to be drawn in same Shield Group and KOC; although David won't have far to go for his first 2 away matches (ahem LOL).

I would think a few might look at BW-D not in the least Eastbourne themselves, but I think you really have to give declared 1-7's their chance as it does not seem ethical to me to chop/change before they have had a chance to turn a wheel.

Opposite reaction from me to some in that I can't wait for the season to start and planning some nice Away trips already.

16 minutes ago, HGould said:

Nice to have the Fixtures out, a bit frustrating for both us and Eagles I suppose to be drawn in same Shield Group and KOC; although David won't have far to go for his first 2 away matches (ahem LOL).

I would think a few might look at BW-D not in the least Eastbourne themselves, but I think you really have to give declared 1-7's their chance as it does not seem ethical to me to chop/change before they have had a chance to turn a wheel.

Opposite reaction from me to some in that I can't wait for the season to start and planning some nice Away trips already.

The Shield Groups are regionalised (or as regionalised as possible), so were always going to be in the same group.