British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

A good and well attended practice session yesterday .... Roll on next Wednesday for some 'real' action!

I thought 'Paco' was really pushing it and he looked very smooth !

There was a 'young' Dane on show(Nick ?)....17 years old and he didn't look out of place amongst the more experienced guys!

Josh Mcdonald was there practising and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get a team spot somewhere before the season's out.

They all seem a positive bunch of lads and after reading various comments they seem happy enough to go into the season hoping to prove a few people wrong.

Is there a list of official line ups and averages i know speedwaygb has lineups but no averages. 

• Like 1

Good luck to all the lads tonight, on what should be an enjoyable night's racing!

Steve Worrall guesting for the Brummies.

Max Clegg replacing Scott Nicholls.

Edited by GiveusaB

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Good luck to all the lads tonight, on what should be an enjoyable night's racing!

Steve Worrall guesting for the Brummies.

Max Clegg replacing Scott Nicholls.

????????????

Paco and Tobias both on the pace last night and both winning races on their B'ham debuts respectively.

I was impressed by the fact that Tobias wasn't afraid to try different lines and to mix it with the opposition.

A well run meeting and some very fair/competitive races....'no risks' taken (apart from Tobias :t:)

Zach/Ullrich looked a little off the pace at times.....Wolves were 'superior' from the gate and that was the main difference!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:57 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

They all seem a positive bunch of lads and after reading various comments they seem happy enough to go into the season hoping to prove a few people wrong.

Is there a list of official line ups and averages i know speedwaygb has lineups but no averages. 

On offical SCB site.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/c19_issue_1.pdf

Les

Well not the greatest of meetings but was ok safe to Ulrich will be gone sooner rather than later like i thought once again a pityful performance from our 2019 number one . Kyle Newman also was well off the pace but everyone else done ok/well i think if we can get Ulrich out early enough we might do ok this season..

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

Adam Ellis for Ostergaard would be best option.

Would be awesome although Adam has stated he wont be riding Championship the year . That said circumstances can quickly change so you never know. 

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

Adam Ellis for Ostergaard would be best option.

As an Wolves fan. I agree. The rest of the team seem quite young and hungry. Cant help but think the Birmingham promotion are taking the step up very cautiously though. Ulrich is probably a lot cheaper than Ellis.

Ostergaard has struggled last 3 years now, but lets be honest Newman seems to have struggled again last night, but every year people keep saying he's a bargain average.

The Brummies in for a long season

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

Ostergaard has struggled last 3 years now, but lets be honest Newman seems to have struggled again last night, but every year people keep saying he's a bargain average.

The Brummies in for a long season

Let's hope they complete it!

I was thinking during the meet the riders event Kyles work as a painter was mentioned a couple of times and i thought to my self if he starts poorly i could see him quitting easily with Birmingham been his only ride this season . That said i do not know the guy or what sort of character he is at all hopefully he proves us all wrong and starts banging in some points . Before people start going oh ffs sake its only one meeting blah blah and the previous poster mentioned it is continued poor form from previous season.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

What makes you think they wont ?

There is no guarantees any club will in this financial climate.