British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well not the greatest of meetings but was ok safe to Ulrich will be gone sooner rather than later like i thought once again a pityful performance from our 2019 number one . Kyle Newman also was well off the pace but everyone else done ok/well i think if we can get Ulrich out early enough we might do ok this season..

Blimey, one challenge match and you want Ulrich out already!  Nothing like giving a guy a chance! :unsure:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The H Man said:

Blimey, one challenge match and you want Ulrich out already!  Nothing like giving a guy a chance! :unsure:

There you go blah blah read my last post its not based on one single challenge match . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

There you go blah blah read my last post its not based on one single challenge match . 

I've re-read your last post about Ulrich, but your grammar is so rubbish it doesn't really make sense!  if you're so proud to be a Brummie, then back the guy and give him a chance! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The H Man said:

I've re-read your last post about Ulrich, but your grammar is so rubbish it doesn't really make sense!  if you're so proud to be a Brummie, then back the guy and give him a chance! 

Your clearly a bit thick then.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Your clearly a bit thick then.

Obviously.  If I only I had your charisma and wealth of knowledge of the sport.        Love the keyboard warriors like you!    :-) :-) 

1 minute ago, The H Man said:

Obviously.  If I only I had your charisma and wealth of knowledge of the sport.        Love the keyboard warriors like you!    :-) :-) 

Why am i a keyboard warrior exactly ? Because i think Ulrich is no good ? is that not an opinion ?

9 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Why am i a keyboard warrior exactly ? Because i think Ulrich is no good ? is that not an opinion ?

It’s all about opinions and mine is you’re a keyboard warrior! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have noted recently amongst some Brummies (Not many by any means.) A sort of expectation and a feeling that we deserve to always win. I have no idea where this has come from and is something that I expect from some football fans and the odd Cradley fan. I really hope it doesnt become catching. The truth about our team is that it was built firstly to make sure we continue as a club. Hopefully no Workington or Alan Phillips syndrome hear. So whatever anyones opinion about Ulrich (And I dont think we have seen enough yet to come up with a credible opinion.) the chance of him being replaced anytime soon is at best unrealistic. Its time to hunker down and support our team through thick and thin. The most important thing is to build from here on up and this takes support and money. We have made a good start. Tobias looks to be the real deal (but again on one showing, as with Ulrich we need to see more.) Paco turns out (with a similar caveat.) not to be the disaster that was predicted. Ashley was the best rider on show last Wednesday. Ulrich may not stay at number one but thats not a real disaster if others take up the mantle. Anyway my guess is that if any changes are made as some are predicting it wont be until the permited team average goes up.

• Like 1

Fair play to Paco - I was quite blunt about his inclusion. Two good wins in the first meeting is already more than I expected he would get in the first month

He is a great character and if he continues to add a few decent point hauls to that would certainly justify his place

I wouldnt be unhappy to be proved wrong! :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fair play to Paco - I was quite blunt about his inclusion. Two good wins in the first meeting is already more than I expected he would get in the first month

He is a great character and if he continues to add a few decent point hauls to that would certainly justify his place

I wouldnt be unhappy to be proved wrong! :)

Exactly pal its your view/opinion and its up to Paco to prove you right or wrong.Personally i think he will score his average most weeks certainly at home.

3 hours ago, guitar_art said:

I have noted recently amongst some Brummies (Not many by any means.) A sort of expectation and a feeling that we deserve to always win. I have no idea where this has come from and is something that I expect from some football fans and the odd Cradley fan. I really hope it doesnt become catching. The truth about our team is that it was built firstly to make sure we continue as a club. Hopefully no Workington or Alan Phillips syndrome hear. So whatever anyones opinion about Ulrich (And I dont think we have seen enough yet to come up with a credible opinion.) the chance of him being replaced anytime soon is at best unrealistic. Its time to hunker down and support our team through thick and thin. The most important thing is to build from here on up and this takes support and money. We have made a good start. Tobias looks to be the real deal (but again on one showing, as with Ulrich we need to see more.) Paco turns out (with a similar caveat.) not to be the disaster that was predicted. Ashley was the best rider on show last Wednesday. Ulrich may not stay at number one but thats not a real disaster if others take up the mantle. Anyway my guess is that if any changes are made as some are predicting it wont be until the permited team average goes up.

Where has anyone been negative about the result ? who expected to win ?  

I said Ulrich and Kyle were poor (which the were ) and the other 5 look promising not that is just a fact .

Your constant comparing to football fans is pathetic just accept that not everyone sits on the fence like you and call a spade a spade . 

I do not mean to cause offence GA as i respect you and the work you do both on the track and with the tavern very much i just feel if someone is under performing it should not have to be taboo. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

6 hours ago, guitar_art said:

hear , here . well said .

• Like 1

I,m with you Guitar man,.............every team ( what ever the sport ) full of new signings needs time to bed in !!!   KRO

Edited by Bluenose
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Where has anyone been negative about the result ? who expected to win ?  

I said Ulrich and Kyle were poor (which the were ) and the other 5 look promising not that is just a fact .

Your constant comparing to football fans is pathetic just accept that not everyone sits on the fence like you and call a spade a spade . 

I do not mean to cause offence GA as i respect you and the work you do both on the track and with the tavern very much i just feel if someone is under performing it should not have to be taboo. 

Reading through your reply to my post I have to say that I think you have misunderstood some of what I was saying. For example I dont think I said anything about people being negative about the result. In fact I think that the posts I have read, about the result, have been anything but negative and pretty honest. That was certainly not my intention at any rate. I think I have compared to football fans only once in this context and I also respectfully have to disagree that I was sitting on the fence. In fact I think that I was looking over the fence opposite your position on the mythical fence. But thats ok. Its all about opinions really and if we all held the same one there would be no point in forums such as this one. (Hmmmm having re-read that last sentence I think it can be fairly said that it was fence sitting!!!!)

I guess I just worry that talk of replacing riders (as some have suggested) at this early point is at best counter productive and we should probably give them a little more chance than two matches. One against premiership opposition and the other at a track that has been described as trick by more than one person.

Anyway I am hoping to make the trip to Somerset on Wednesday (Work permitting) and I think we will learn a lot more then. Just looking to see a good team performance. And on a more positive note. I am really enjoying my speedway at this level I think you can really see the difference in skill, speed and commitment.

• Like 1

Very impressed with Michelle’s start to the season winning 50% of his races so far. Keep it up 

• Like 1