British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Great additions to the team!

I think i'd of swapped Morris instead of Newman though!

Its a tricky one because both havent started the season well. Newman in some races has looked good, coming from back to win races but in others hes been well adrift. I like Kyle, hes gives 100 per cent and he has done this season, its just not worked out as his scores have not been good.

Ashley has struggled, he was really good for Wolves against the Brummies and when I went to Somerset he was fast down there but of late a few low scores at home. When we signed him, I was happy because hes a rider that can progress to a heat leader role, he hasnt shown that so far but I think he can improve. The good thing about making changes is it should spur on the rest of the riders to improve because the mangament wont sit back. 

• Like 1

so Adams average will revert to a rolling average so presumably his average will go down by about a point and a bit .

This Double change should improve us by around 5 points a meeting and a real chance of winning heats 1,13 and 15.

Kyle and tobias had averaged 5 and 1.6 per meeting so 6.6 combined.

Adam and Nathan should average between 11-12 points combined . Enough now to nick a few home meetings hopefully.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Just out of interest who suggested this style of working out GSA

One of those mathematicians who used to present the open university on BBC2 at 3am.

That's my guess 

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Great additions to the team!

I think i'd of swapped Morris instead of Newman though! (not much in it)

Hats off to David Mason for doing something so soon!

Ashley’s average wouldn’t have permitted the changes to be made.

• Like 1

These are good changes and will improve our team no end. Feel sorry for Thomsen, he will come good in a few years time I'm sure. As we haven't started our home league meetings yet, I hope the crowds improve a little too!

I don't know about anybody else, but the way the averages work annoy me more than the guest system...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Dog said:

These are good changes and will improve our team no end. Feel sorry for Thomsen, he will come good in a few years time I'm sure. As we haven't started our home league meetings yet, I hope the crowds improve a little too!

I don't know about anybody else, but the way the averages work annoy me more than the guest system...

Crowds will need to improve as dire so far and this must be a gamble as Ellis will want decent money, hope and pray it comes off as if not situation is dire.

I agree about averages , back to simple one average per League no fiddling just keep it simple points and bonus divided by rides. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

I agree about averages , back to simple one average per League no fiddling just keep it simple points and bonus divided by rides. 

Which is the situation where a rider competes in both leagues. However there has to be some mechanism to set an initial average for a new rider to a league.

But the averages are ridiculously complicated Neil, even promotors and managers find it hard to get it right!  Must be an easier way. 

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

Crowds will need to improve as dire so far and this must be a gamble as Ellis will want decent money, hope and pray it comes off as if not situation is dire.

Aaaaand someone brings up money.  It only took a couple of hours. 

Last time Adam rode there I heard stories about the money he was allegedly being paid. He was actually getting half of what I was told. 

Gotta love a bit of gossip 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Last time Adam rode there I heard stories about the money he was allegedly being paid. He was actually getting half of what I was told. 

Don’t think fans would grudge any rider “ good money” but the reality for a lot of clubs is that attendances don’t see to be getting any better,and Birmingham seem to be one of these clubs,so the poster has a point IMO.Speedway riders don’t disclose their earnings( fair enough) so fans can only speculate.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

This is a man in the 'know',  always liked his posts when Adam rode for Eastie a few seasons ago.

40 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I actually said "Adam will want decent money"......

DECENT meaning sensible ....not sure where the gossip is in that !  

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think fans would grudge any rider “ good money” but the reality for a lot of clubs is that attendances don’t see to be getting any better,and Birmingham seem to be one of these clubs,so the poster has a point IMO.Speedway riders don’t disclose their earnings( fair enough) so fans can only speculate.

agreed I actually said "decent money" not claiming anything too much, excessive; ridiculous; daft....just decent.....strange reaction imho to be told decent is gossip....must have struck a nerve with Mr Bordeaux...:o 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HGould said:

agreed I actually said "decent money" not claiming anything too much, excessive; ridiculous; daft....just decent.....strange reaction imho to be told decent is gossip....must have struck a nerve with Mr Bordeaux...:o 

It’s the talk of the Bar according to the regulars:cheers: