British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

Aaaaand someone brings up money.  It only took a couple of hours. 

Last time Adam rode there I heard stories about the money he was allegedly being paid. He was actually getting half of what I was told. 

Gotta love a bit of gossip 

Jon i think your reaction is a bit over the top here pal.

I think it would be fair to assume that a rider coming at No1 and we will likely stay in the top handful of averages in the league is going to be your highest paid rider.

Every single Brummies fan is delighted your son has returned to Perry Barr. The Masons are not daft so the money aspect is left to them as we do not know the clubs incomes and outcomes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Which is the situation where a rider competes in both leagues. However there has to be some mechanism to set an initial average for a new rider to a league.

But he isn't really a new rider to the league. I could understand this applying to say Dawid Lampart or Tobiasz Musielak who have never ridden in the Championship. 

Does this mean Kyle Newman's average for any Premiership team who wants him is now his CL leaving average divided by 1.5 not his last seasons Premiership average?

51 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Jon i think your reaction is a bit over the top here pal.

I think it would be fair to assume that a rider coming at No1 and we will likely stay in the top handful of averages in the league is going to be your highest paid rider.

Every single Brummies fan is delighted your son has returned to Perry Barr. The Masons are not daft so the money aspect is left to them as we do not know the clubs incomes and outcomes.

AGREED we all want Adam to be a roaring success and we all want the Masons to be able to maintain us in this level for many years to come. 

36 minutes ago, Anzum said:

But he isn't really a new rider to the league. I could understand this applying to say Dawid Lampart or Tobiasz Musielak who have never ridden in the Championship. 

Does this mean Kyle Newman's average for any Premiership team who wants him is now his CL leaving average divided by 1.5 not his last seasons Premiership average?

Yes

Thank you for the reply. So it makes sense for Premiership teams to not sign riders who's averages between the two leagues are closer to 1:1 than 1:1.5 at the start of the season but wait until a month or so in. Assuming the rider has signed for a championship side. 

On 5/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, gazzac said:

This is a man in the 'know',  always liked his posts when Adam rode for Eastie a few seasons ago.

he might be " in the know " but he is prone to a bit of ott when he thinks his son is under attack . don't you remember his "eastbourne wouldn't have won anything if it wasn't for adam " post ?

• Like 1

Ha ha. And you wonder why riders don’t bother coming on here. 

Enjoy next wednesday chaps. I’m outta here 

20 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

20 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

:cheers: I wonder why family members bother to come on then.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gee jay said:

he might be " in the know " but he is prone to a bit of ott when he thinks his son is under attack . don't you remember his "eastbourne wouldn't have won anything if it wasn't for adam " post ?

apologies to all , especially jonny the spud , just realised it wasn't adams dad it was bradley wilson dean's dad. i'll get my coat :oops:

Edited by gee jay
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, gee jay said:

apologies to all , especially jonny the spud , just realised it wasn't adams dad it was bradley wilson dean's dad. i'll get my coat :oops:

Well done for the post, owning up to a mistake is never easy, I'm glad it wasn't my memory going. When Adam was at Eastie, the negative posts over money weren't generally from Eastie fans, mostly from other teams fans and those who thought(right or wrong) and still think the NL should be limited costs only. Although Eastie was never an option this season being a Saturday club, if he had have been on the team sheet at the start, we'd have been pleased to have had him back.

Right can someone clarify this for me please ..

For team building Adam comes in a 9.71  

but when he starts riding his rolling average will be from 7.84 ? is this correct ? 

So the likely hood is that his average would drop a point even if he starts really well .

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Right can someone clarify this for me please ..

For team building Adam comes in a 9.71  

but when he starts riding his rolling average will be from 7.84 ? is this correct ? 

So the likely hood is that his average would drop a point even if he starts really well .

Correct

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Correct

Thank you for clearing that up Neil so that will then leave us a little bit of wiggle room for any under performing riders if required . But hopefully the current septet will push on now .

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Thank you for clearing that up Neil so that will then leave us a little bit of wiggle room for any under performing riders if required . But hopefully the current septet will push on now .

It may well do, but I’m sure the expectation is that having a strong No 1 will inspire improved performances through the team.

• Like 1

Danyon Hume might be on their radar if a certain reserve doesn't get a shift on!