British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

43 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Unless they've changed the rules, you don't get a facility for a rider who hasn't ridden for you, whatever the reason. (Emiliano Sanchez, 2007, springs to mind, but as I say, the rules may have been changed.)

Wolves - Nick Morris 2019......

• Like 2

Well if Ellis is away and there isn't a suitable replacement, then I can't see many people turning up ?

May be Laurence(or someone from the club) can confirm one way/other? I'm sure he posts on here ? 

This is off Slangerup site today

Do not know if they have to name 7 before a match ?

slang.png

Edited by Bluenose

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Well if Ellis is away and there isn't a suitable replacement, then I can't see many people turning up ?

May be Laurence(or someone from the club) can confirm one way/other? I'm sure he posts on here ? 

might need a rain forecast or some act of god in that eventuality??...can't afford to keep having poor crowds and Eastbourne again with such a deficit is hardly going to get people out is it??.

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wolves - Nick Morris 2019......

Wolves...CVS...the man who knows best at all times what's in the best interests of British Speedway...what else do you expect?

However, up to the box for the official word... https://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations 

How do you interprate rule 16.5.2.2 on page 44 of the 2019 regulations?  - "No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared"

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Wolves...CVS...the man who knows best at all times what's in the best interests of British Speedway...what else do you expect?

However, up to the box for the official word... https://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations 

How do you interprate rule 16.5.2.2 on page 44 of the 2019 regulations?  - "No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared"

You interpret it as:

'In the best interests of the sport'. 

5 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I wasnt looking to interprate anything - just stating a precedent this year

The only wriggle room on that for Wolves was that their team was an initial declaration and not a redeclaration

The same wouldnt apply for Birmingham

Personally Id rename the regulations as guidelines as thats all they appear to be at times....

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

...Personally Id rename the regulations as guidelines as thats all they appear to be at times....

The regulations are the BIble of the sport. And just like the Bible that gets interprated one way by the Catholics, another way by Greek Orthadox's, another way by Jehovah's Witnesses, so the SCB regulations get interprated differently, whether you are Matt Ford, or CVS, or Buster Chapman, or just a mere mortal. 

Isn't that why nobody outside of the love/hate relationship that those who are involved have with this state of affairs, can take the sport seriously?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, uk_martin said:

You don't actually need to interpret it as, for once,  its unusually very clear...

No facility can be allowed for Ellis....

However, you could get a thick black marker and cover up rule 16.5.2.2 on page 44, (or even rip page 44 out?) and pretend (for that night), that it doesn't exist, and 'in the interests of Speedway' make up something ad hoc and contrived, and then see if enough punters collude with you in pretending that Speedway (in Britain) is a proper sport and attend..

Lift up the carpet, brush under it, and move on to the next made up nonsense..

There's nothing to see here, move along please..

Edited by mikebv
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, uk_martin said:

The regulations are the BIble of the sport. And just like the Bible that gets interprated one way by the Catholics, another way by Greek Orthadox's, another way by Jehovah's Witnesses, so the SCB regulations get interprated differently, whether you are Matt Ford, or CVS, or Buster Chapman, or just a mere mortal. 

Isn't that why nobody outside of the love/hate relationship that those who are involved have with this state of affairs, can take the sport seriously?

I have a feeling we are going to find another meeting cancelled if they aren't allowed a Guest for Adam for some cock and bull reason; this time the salvation doesn't seem likely to come from the Clouds so will be interesting to see what they come up with this time. Would be financial suicide to have got rid of 2 riders, bought 2 in and then have to race without the new no 1 in first meeting since with some NL recruit at reserve and another NL Guest in for Adam, as I believe if not allowed Guest can't use RR either. Would be a bad deal for supporters if it was a League match, a KOC Tie v a team 20 odd points up who thrashed us on our home track just a couple of weeks ago is suicide by slow death surely. What a mess!   

Edited by HGould
spelling
  • Like 2

Totally agree with you!

Even the die-hard's will find 'this' situation hard to digest.

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Totally agree with you!

Even the die-hard's will find 'this' situation hard to digest.

I hope that they will just man up, ride with a weakened team, get it over and done with and then move on.

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

I hope that they will just man up, ride with a weakened team, get it over and done with and then move on.

I don't think they'll have any other choice, by the sounds of things?

Until we get official confirmation from club officials we'll just have to keep guessing?

Let's face it, whatever side we put out....'guests' or no 'guests', we're not going to pull back the 1st leg deficit!

Might as well get on with it. 

Can they have a NL guest who also rides in Championship? If so, they could choose Kemp/Ayres, for example.