British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Obviously got the old electrical fault idea from Lynn ten years go, think it was the floodlights then.

Yes it was. According Chapman it was going to take three days to change a fuse. 

2 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Yes it was. According Chapman it was going to take three days to change a fuse. 

Sounds like me at work!

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Argos said:

Be very very interesting to see if the SCB make an official enquire into this and report the outcome 

Is that likely, difficult to see things when your heads in the sand.

" and they wonder why crowds are falling" taking the public for mugs they think we are not very bright sparks .

lets organise  a one week stay away from all uk fans and see how the bspa/scb and those high flying  egotistical  riders  like it .

i will start it off by not going to the S.O.N. @ BELLE VUE .:t:x x x 

5 hours ago, Argos said:

Be very very interesting to see if the SCB make an official enquire into this and report the outcome 

It’s just another unlucky coincidence, rain offs ,sun offs, hose pipe offs, rider missing offs, nothing new.:rolleyes:.Next it will be missing fans offs.:(

I cant see what the big deal is???

I for one am glad that it was called off (whatever excuse used) .

It would've been a farce without Adam Ellis riding!

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

I for one am glad that it was called off (whatever excuse used) .

It would've been a farce without Adam Ellis riding!

Just tell the truth. Issue a statement saying they are not prepared to take a financial hit with Ellis not riding. It's not hard is it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Ahh, bless!!

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Just tell the truth. Issue a statement saying they are not prepared to take a financial hit with Ellis not riding. It's not hard is it.

What ? and get a big fine from the SCB ?

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Yeah - or just lie to your paying public. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The reason for calling it off is laughable. :blink:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

So you really think that the SCB accept the Brummies version of events. Why don't the authorities carry out their own investigation if they are that bothered. If tracks can call meetings off for a football match, then why not for missing riders. I don't recall any teams getting fined for pulling the plug before the day of the meeting.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, HGould said:

Western Power is doing prep work for Commonwealth Games Village etc and increasing powering for overall infrastructure.

If this was an issue last week how come last weeks match was not called off due to electrical work instead of rained off? At least we know that was a genuine rain off.

If this is an issue how come Dogs have been on every meeting? The Power Supply from Western Power would not be specific to one small area of a large stadium.

If it is just the Pits Area why not hire a generator, a few hundred quid??

Sorry, I'll back Brummies to the hilt but this is frighteningly like 2014 and we don't want a repeat of that, and I don't want us fans being taken for mugs either.

Re the point about not allowing a Guest facility. The rules are clear, if you re-declare you cannot have a Guest until a new rider has ridden a match. 

If the SCB grant us an exemption they have to do it for everyone. We could have Teams re-declaring and signing riders just to get a Guest for a vital match.

Brassed Off!

Well actually you can as Wolves have currently with Nick Morris.

Being honest I have no problem when the SCB enforce the regulations it’s when they don’t enforce them as per the Premiership play Off final ref Guests, that stinks.

Edited by bigcatdiary