British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

20 hours ago, Argos said:

Be very very interesting to see if the SCB make an official enquire into this and report the outcome 

Maybe Speedway Star will send an investigative journalist around to dig deep into the truth of the matter? 

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

The reason for calling it off is laughable. :blink:

Quite right....but who really cares ??? what does it change ??? It's great if you're a Derby County fan : ))))))))))))

Guys, you’re peeing in the wind if you think the SCB are going to do anything at all about this.

They publicly issued a statement that they were going to make a full investigation into the failure of Mildenhall to get a team for the season ending final league match at Eastbourne last year, which resulted in a call off 24 hrs before the event and caused a fair bit of annoyance to fans, it being the last meeting of the season.

Have we had any report on their “full investigation” ? No.

I no longer have any faith in the statements from the speedway authorities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woofers said:

Guys, you’re peeing in the wind if you think the SCB are going to do anything at all about this.

They publicly issued a statement that they were going to make a full investigation into the failure of Mildenhall to get a team for the season ending final league match at Eastbourne last year, which resulted in a call off 24 hrs before the event and caused a fair bit of annoyance to fans, it being the last meeting of the season.

Have we had any report on their “full investigation” ? No.

I no longer have any faith in the statements from the speedway authorities.

Maybe the Speedway Star investigative journalist can look into this matter too? :rofl:

I should have posted this here - my apologies.

The only surprise is that new promoters, who promised a different way of doing things, make the same mistakes ( perhaps knowingly ) as so many before them. Hiding behind dubious excuses that might prove to be lies, is the way to erode whatever support you have gathered to date. Tell the whole truth, tell it promptly and fully and you may well avoid the worst of the fallout. Going the other way is to enter a storm of criticism.

• Like 1

Jeff Lynne (ELO). Now on the Radio with....

Strange Magic..... just needs the word Mason on the end

I see Adam rode last night in Denmark scored 9 points .

He is probably going to miss loads of meetings this is going to end in disaster for my beloved Brummies i am afraid.

I have a feeling i will be more regular at Monmore every Monday soon .

8 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I see Adam rode last night in Denmark scored 9 points .

He is probably going to miss loads of meetings this is going to end in disaster for my beloved Brummies i am afraid.

I have a feeling i will be more regular at Monmore every Monday soon .

I wouldn`t think he will miss any more meetings for Birmingham - he was probably committed to this fixture in Denmark whereas future priority is for Birmingham. They wouldn`t have signed him if he couldn`t do the fixtures.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I see Adam rode last night in Denmark scored 9 points ..

An electrifying performance! :rofl:

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I wouldn`t think he will miss any more meetings for Birmingham - he was probably committed to this fixture in Denmark whereas future priority is for Birmingham. They wouldn`t have signed him if he couldn`t do the fixtures.

Unless of course they've also signed him so when he isn't there they can pick and choose from virtually the whole of the league who to guest for them.... 

Anyhow, any news from the site how the 'leccy' is?

i would imagine they have been working 24/7 to fix it..

• Haha 1

Not a peep about it on the Brummies forum i think most Brummies fans like been mushrooms . Probably to scared to say anything in case Peter Mason bans them from Perry Barr.

Whatever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?  The only people who know if this is the truth or not are the Masons and the named stadium manager. The Masons worked really hard last year to get a good rapport with the fans and earn a decent reputation for doing the right thing, so why ruin it by lying? I agree it looks suspicious on a lot of levels but the fact is that until someone proves otherwise we have to take Birmingham at their word. If it is fabricated, the consequences could be horrific and non of us want that do we.

• Like 1

If it looks like a Duck, swims like a Duck, and quacks like a duck.  Then it probably is a duck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Whatever happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?  The only people who know if this is the truth or not are the Masons and the named stadium manager. The Masons worked really hard last year to get a good rapport with the fans and earn a decent reputation for doing the right thing, so why ruin it by lying? I agree it looks suspicious on a lot of levels but the fact is that until someone proves otherwise we have to take Birmingham at their word. If it is fabricated, the consequences could be horrific and non of us want that do we.

Naive to say the least. To think only three people know the truth is boarding on ridiculous. Quack Quack