British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Thank the Lord for Brian Buck and some honesty and sanity.

May be the Mason should appoint Brian to guide them on PR!

The fact is that IF they had announce "we cannot run this meeting as it would be a financial disaster" they would have been telling the truth and would not have lost faith.

As Brian points out, the opponents (Eastbourne) had agreed to the request and rearrangement, so why not just tell it as it was.

Hopefully David or Peter or Laurence or all of them will deliver the "holy trinity" apology on the Centre Green on Wednesday, a bit of humble pie and humility and then we can move on...

• Like 1

Come on guys lets just move on now . 

Centre green apologises and resignations ,come on lets have a reality check here.

It will not of hardly affected our support in the slightest. The people who will be getting upset/annoyed by this will be the most loyal and hardcore fans who in 99.9% of cases will attend every week regardless of what has gone on the previous week. Those who are floaters or not so hardcore will not of read to much into the situation and treated it like an early rain off no big deal to them.  

Now what is crucial is the next 3 home meetings are built up nearly every day on social media and that they Firstly are run .Secondly run smoothly and thirdly are competitive with good racing  .

Final note as previously stated i am not a fan of Mr Rogers managerial ability but it would not of been his call to cancel the meeting. That would be the guys who hold the purse strings so on this occasion i think people can lay off Mr Rogers. 

Oh another final note unfortunately i do not have the cash to stump up to run my speedway club so in order to continue to watch my beloved speedway team i have to support whoever the current management are regardless of whether that make errors in judgement or not . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

We need to be backing the 'promotion' not persecuting them!

I don't think you realise how much money the Masons would've lost had they run the meeting?

I applaud them for making up an excuse to call it off and not take my hard earned money to see a farce!

You applaud them for lying to you? Things really are bad at Birmingham it seems!

18 minutes ago, Najjer said:

You applaud them for lying to you? Things really are bad at Birmingham it seems!

I don't see it as a lie to the fans......I see it as a lie to the 'control board' to avoid a fine for non compliance!

Anybody with half a brain can see that!

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Final note as previously stated i am not a fan of Mr Rogers managerial ability but it would not of been his call to cancel the meeting. That would be the guys who hold the purse strings so on this occasion i think people can lay off Mr  Rogers. 

Be careful what you say about Lol Rogers.

At Kings Lynn we had the ‘pleasure’ of him as our team Manager for a short period ( not short enough some might say).

One particular Wednesday we turned up only to be confronted with a night full ( and I mean full) of tape exclusion’s and engine failure, all pre-arranged so as to lower the teams average so as to make a change to the line-up.  Only to find out afterwards the aforementioned Mr Rogers had got his sums completely wrong and the changes couldn’t be made. Not long after this Mr Rogers departed the Club.

So the loyal fans of Kings Lynn we’re taken for mugs that night paying their hard earned to witness a total joke of a Speedway meeting

Watch out for Lol and his calculator.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, semion said:

Be careful what you say about Lol Rogers.

At Kings Lynn we had the ‘pleasure’ of him as our team Manager for a short period ( not short enough some might say).

One particular Wednesday we turned up only to be confronted with a night full ( and I mean full) of tape exclusion’s and engine failure, all pre-arranged so as to lower the teams average so as to make a change to the line-up.  Only to find out afterwards the aforementioned Mr Rogers had got his sums completely wrong and the changes couldn’t be made. Not long after this Mr Rogers departed the Club.

So the loyal fans of Kings Lynn we’re taken for mugs that night paying their hard earned to witness a total joke of a Speedway meeting

Watch out for Lol and his calculator.

Yes i can well believe it, like i said if you read again what i put.Managerial skills zero but financial responsibility he has zero also.

4 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Now what is crucial is the next 3 home meetings are built up nearly every day on social media and that they Firstly are run .Secondly run smoothly and thirdly are competitive with good racing  .

Essential if it is not all going to end in tears and before the season's end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I don't see it as a lie to the fans......I see it as a lie to the 'control board' to avoid a fine for non compliance!

Anybody with half a brain can see that!

A lie to whoever shows a complete lack of integrity. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, uk_martin said:

How many fans would or would not have attended is a matter of speculation. Probably a fewer number but the hardcore that attend would have still been there. The possible lower income would have been offset so some degree by the lower appearance money needed to pay for a 3 point NL rider compared to what would have been paid to a CL #1.  OK a short term financial hit, but one that could be recovered from.  What the long term financial hit will be of losing the trust and confidence of the paying public will be, only time will tell. But when the public lost confidence in Gerald Ratner, Perrier, and others, history tells its own story.

As for resigning, the Birmingham promotion is made up of The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost...if one resigns, there are still two left. And it sends a message to other promoters about the consequences of their conduct too. Consider the alternative...the last time a promoter came up with a "no electricity here" excuse, he was elevated to Chairman of the BSPA. Is that really the precedent that you want the sport to follow??

When your punters lose trust in you it is a very slippery slope...

Speaks volumes about the sport that we seem as fans to be able to foresee such occurrences and amazingly these predictions come true..

Must be lots of 'Mystics' on here...:D

In truth, a sad state of affairs that so many fans who love the sport end up being so cynical about it..

And then time and time again get their cynicism completely 100% justified..

• Like 2

A particularly miserable night for three of our boys tonight in the top flight with 3 riders scoring just 2 points between them.

Although Adam is having a cracking night at Belle vue.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Ashley Morris looked way out of his depth at Ipswich.....'BIG concern' !

I think he'll be next in the firing line?

On 5/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, mikebv said:

In truth, a sad state of affairs that so many fans who love the sport end up being so cynical about it..

And then time and time again get their cynicism completely 100% justified..

Absolutely so! And it is sad as I spent years ( years ago ) telling all and sundry that "it's not all about first away wins" and Lo & Behold especially the last ten years it has become so. The standards of promoting seems to have nosedived this century, as anything goes seems the rule and rules exist only until they are quickly overturned " in the best interests of the sport".

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 10:01 PM, kitten2502 said:

Must admit to becoming increasingly concerned about Ashley Morris' lack of form...….

i take it you are a brum fan , then support the guy .

Just now, jenga said:

i take it you are a brum fan , then support the guy .

On 5/21/2019 at 7:38 AM, GiveusaB said:

Ashley Morris looked way out of his depth at Ipswich.....'BIG concern' !

I think he'll be next in the firing line?

proper brummie fans NOT . the team is what it is and you are where you are in the league .

but you still want to keep oystercard eh .  he is only good @ the borrowers club where he gets his but t wiped for him . support your team . hope you like the NL LEAGUE , COS THATS WHERE YOU ARE GOING BACK TO .. JEEZ . 

• Haha 2