British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

19 minutes ago, jenga said:

proper brummie fans NOT . the team is what it is and you are where you are in the league .

but you still want to keep oystercard eh .  he is only good @ the borrowers club where he gets his but t wiped for him . support your team . hope you like the NL LEAGUE , COS THATS WHERE YOU ARE GOING BACK TO .. JEEZ . 

What a really funny post ! : ))))))))))))))))))))))

From someone who thought that Edinburgh were going to turn us over last night ? :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

proper brummie fans NOT . the team is what it is and you are where you are in the league .

What 7th of 11 ???

19 minutes ago, jenga said:

but you still want to keep oystercard eh .  he is only good @ the borrowers club where he gets his but t wiped for him . support your team . hope you like the NL LEAGUE , COS THATS WHERE YOU ARE GOING BACK TO .. JEEZ . 

What a peculiar person you are . You seem to be a very angry little man .What is your issue with Birmingham or do you just have issues with life in general ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jenga said:

i take it you are a brum fan , then support the guy .

I do support the guy - it didn't stop me being concerned though.

• Like 1

New signing

BIRMINGHAM have snapped up Finnish international Tero Aarnio.

The unattached 35-year-old replaces Ulrich Ostergaard who has endured a tough run of scores.

Aarnio, who has a wealth of experience at second tier level, will make his debut for the Edwards Plumbing Brummies in Wednesday’s Championship home clash with Sheffield at Perry Barr (7.30).

Team boss Laurence Rogers said: “First and foremost I think we need to thank Ulrich for his efforts during the opening couple of months this season.

“The way we’d built our team over the winter meant he started at No.1 but he was up for the challenge and we thought he’d turned a corner when he scored double figures against Eastbourne at the beginning of the month.

“But he’s struggled in his last four meetings for us and his scores from the heat-leader position he’s been in have been well below what we need as a team.

“He’s had a few things going on behind the scenes as well and we hope Ulrich does get signed up somewhere else very soon because he’s a smashing guy.

“As for Tero, he’s got so much experience at this level and he really is a capable performer.

“He’s represented Finland on the world stage many times and he was itching to get back into British Speedway.

“He was a really reliable member of Newcastle’s team last season and he’s been hitting some good form on the continent as well, including a ten-point score in Sweden on Thursday night where he got the better of Grand Prix star Antonio Lindback in the process.

“We’re delighted to welcome him to Birmingham and we thank Rob Godfrey at Scunthorpe for his co-operation over the past 24-hours.

“Again we hope this reiterates to Birmingham supporters that we’re not just happy to be a part of this league – we want to compete as best we can and we want to the best that we can be.”

Fair play to them for making changes when the crowds are not great. They could have just sat back and done nothing. That would have been the cheaper and easier option.

• Like 1

But for signing in Poland i thought Aarnio would've started the season somewhere, but a Wednesday night track will suit just fine and i think Tero will do more than a decent job for Birmingham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, screm said:

But for signing in Poland i thought Aarnio would've started the season somewhere, but a Wednesday night track will suit just fine and i think Tero will do more than a decent job for Birmingham.

Don't forget, he was originally going to ride for Workington this season.

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Don't forget, he was originally going to ride for Workington this season.

Quite right, something I had forgot, maybe I should've said but for Poland he would've been picked up some where after Workington folded. Either way I think Birmingham have made a good signing IMO.

• Like 1

Tero is a much improved rider in the last couple of seasons , should be a good signing.

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Fabulous signing i think we can really start to compete now.

Good signing for sure.

One more big signing if they get rid of one of the 5ish point riders and bring in a 3rd heat leader makes the brummies a play off team for sure with Morris moving to reserve with stoneman 

55 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

One more big signing if they get rid of one of the 5ish point riders and bring in a 3rd heat leader makes the brummies a play off team for sure with Morris moving to reserve with stoneman 

May be David and Peter had a masterplan after all, or may be they just copped lucky that Ellis and Aarnio available at the right time on the right average.

My only concern in terms of club is that being out of Shield and KOC means if we don't make play-off's going to be a very short and challenging season at turnstiles?