British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

34 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You do not think Adam will ride again ? are you just guessing or serious ? seems a very odd thing to say unless you know something ?

I said that on the basis that I thought he would be in Denmark for the next 3 weeks.

If he was I don't think he would be at Brummies in 4 weeks time!

40 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Oh you cynic.....:D

It's a sad state of affairs indeed that in some walks of life, experience engenders optimism, but in speedway experience engenders cynicism. 

Looks like things are looking up for us!

We wont be the push-overs that everyone predicted!?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Looks like things are looking up for us!

We wont be the push-overs that everyone predicted!?

Hopefully not however a 7-8 point rider won't come cheap and options are currently limited. Obviously BWD is the standout name on the list the others in the mix like Becker or Sedgeman would require the sponsor paperwork, costs etc and its well known Rogers filing systems are questionable so might be a one rider option but can Brum afford him?

I think the Masons deserve credit for getting Ellis in and I'm sure they will find an adequate replacement for Zach. Also credit for continuing to reach out to the younger generation by having face-painting and 'Chase' from Paw Patrol at PB last week. Plenty of extra shale on track too, so they are trying to invest in the club and make sure everyone is entertained. A great programme and always nice to see Peter Mason on the door welcoming the fans in.  Nice touch.  

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hopefully not however a 7-8 point rider won't come cheap and options are currently limited. Obviously BWD is the standout name on the list the others in the mix like Becker or Sedgeman would require the sponsor paperwork, costs etc and its well known Rogers filing systems are questionable so might be a one rider option but can Brum afford him?

: ))))

Please take 'Sedgeman's' name out of the mix !

Becker would be a great signing!?

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Will we be allowed a guest rider to cover for Zach???

I believe so yes . Mr Bacon again would be nice.

52 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ben Barker released by Redcar  

Say no more ! Welcome home Ben ??? : )

Only joking...sounds like Ben has a few issues (reading Redcar's press release) ?

Edited by GiveusaB

Reading the Redcar press release, it seems perhaps that Ben had a falling out with someone up there?

11 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Reading the Redcar press release, it seems perhaps that Ben had a falling out with someone up there?

Reading the release it also said Redcar were going to respect his privacy. Im not going to pretend i like or respect Barker because i don't but as he has stepped away from speedway he is entitled to have his private life left private and not be subject of fishing exercises by those who know little but assume much. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Reading the release it also said Redcar were going to respect his privacy. Im not going to pretend i like or respect Barker because i don't but as he has stepped away from speedway he is entitled to have his private life left private and not be subject of fishing exercises by those who know little but assume much. 

Bit unfair there i feel sings . JJ is only saying how he has interpreted the press release.  There is a article by the local press up in Redcar ( on there 2019 thread ) which suggests that he could be open to signing for another team . If you read the press release and the newspaper article i would suggest that JJ is correct.

10 hours ago, The Dog said:

I think the Masons deserve credit for getting Ellis in and I'm sure they will find an adequate replacement for Zach. Also credit for continuing to reach out to the younger generation by having face-painting and 'Chase' from Paw Patrol at PB last week. Plenty of extra shale on track too, so they are trying to invest in the club and make sure everyone is entertained. A great programme and always nice to see Peter Mason on the door welcoming the fans in.  Nice touch.  

I couldnt agree more, good to see a positive post about the management for a change.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Bit unfair there i feel sings . JJ is only saying how he has interpreted the press release.  There is a article by the local press up in Redcar ( on there 2019 thread ) which suggests that he could be open to signing for another team . If you read the press release and the newspaper article i would suggest that JJ is correct.

Whilst everyone can read and determine the press release differently (i read it as a journalist comment rather than from Redcar re Barker getting another team place) JJ was still fishing for gossip. Its not a secret that Barker can fall out with someone when he is the only person in the room but digging for private details or hoping that others will commit rumour about someones private life to text is just plain wrong.

• Like 1