British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Does anyone know what average 'Bellego' would be ? I think he'd be a great signing if we could fit him in?

Can I suggest we all calm down a bit...

I don't think we have had a crowd over 500 yet and with big rent to pay we simply can't pay (in my opinion) the £1000 a meeting some of the PL guys will want to ride in CL.

I can't imagine Adam is coming for a guarantee of less that £1000 per meeting so just impossible to have 2 like that.

Better to look at riders like Stoneman who are hungry and probably on 50 quid a point tops.

40 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Does anyone know what average 'Bellego' would be ? I think he'd be a great signing if we could fit him in?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I wonder how Belle Vue cope ? didnt seem to be that many there last night?

Considered opinion seems to be around 1200.

Easy to look at some tracks where all are in one stand (like Monmore) and say its a big crowd, when you have spread out like Belle Vue harder to judge.

BV also have some very big Sponsors to help cover costs.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, HGould said:

I don't think we have had a crowd over 500 yet and with big rent to pay we simply can't pay (in my opinion) the £1000 a meeting some of the PL guys will want to ride in CL.

I can't imagine Adam is coming for a guarantee of less that £1000 per meeting so just impossible to have 2 like that.

Better to look at riders like Stoneman who are hungry and probably on 50 quid a point tops.

Got a Feeling Mr Bordeaux may be commenting on this remark :rofl:

Personally i get your point re costs but i think the answer is somewhere in between . Bellago would want far too much + flights etc...

Where is Luke Becker based ? i know there is possibly visa issues .I am just thinking if he is based locally travel cost would be minimal and the experience at this level would do him the world of good .   

You have mentioned our rent cost a few times. What sort of figure do you estimate them to be ?

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

If it's a guest replacement tomorrow for Zach....then I'd go for Danny Ayres!?

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst everyone can read and determine the press release differently (i read it as a journalist comment rather than from Redcar re Barker getting another team place) JJ was still fishing for gossip. Its not a secret that Barker can fall out with someone when he is the only person in the room but digging for private details or hoping that others will commit rumour about someones private life to text is just plain wrong.

No I wasn't, merely commenting on how the press release read to me.

5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Personally i get your point re costs but i think the answer is somewhere in between . Bellago would want far too much + flights etc...

Where is Luke Becker based ? i know there is possibly visa issues .I am just thinking if he is based locally travel cost would be minimal and the experience at this level would do him the world of good .   

You have mentioned our rent cost a few times. What sort of figure do you estimate them to be ?

LOL...I used my words (and my imagination) very carefully and I am sure that comparable riders to Adam are on that type of deal...so if Mr Bordeaux needs an Agent...let me know....if he isn't on that type of deal he should be...;)

7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I’m sure Bellego lives in Britain? possibly with Nick Morris or Dimi Berge? 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, HGould said:

What exactly are we all supposed to be 'calming' down over? The fact that we've praised the promotion for doing their best?  How much is 'big rent'? Perhaps you could enlighten us all. And what makes you think that the Masons can't afford to pay riders? Your right in the fact that Stoneman is hungry and probably cheaper wages than some, but if we had more like him you'd be the first to moan that it was just a NL team. Why not just appreciate what the owners are doing instead of being so negative and picking holes everywhere

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Dog said:

What exactly are we all supposed to be 'calming' down over? The fact that we've praised the promotion for doing their best?  How much is 'big rent'? Perhaps you could enlighten us all. And what makes you think that the Masons can't afford to pay riders? Your right in the fact that Stoneman is hungry and probably cheaper wages than some, but if we had more like him you'd be the first to moan that it was just a NL team. Why not just appreciate what the owners are doing instead of being so negative and picking holes everywhere

He has claimed about the "big rent " before and i asked for rough figures he just ignored me . 

Come on gouldy give us some figures mukka ......

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Birmingham meeting, the one against Somerset at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Birmingham has to offer.

Edited by JackJack

On 6/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, *JJ said:

Reading the Redcar press release, it seems perhaps that Ben had a falling out with someone up there?

Barker could fall out with himself

• Like 2