British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

I see Ben Barker has put on Facebook back on track today ? Has he signed for someone or has he got a guest booking hmmm 

9 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I see Ben Barker has put on Facebook back on track today ? Has he signed for someone or has he got a guest booking hmmm 

Or just practising, unless Plymouth or Somerset signed him for that challenge? It's a possibility

Edit: In fact yes, I've just seen this, the teams for today's challenge at Somerset... Looks an interesting meeting

Teams
SOMERSET: 1 Todd Kurtz (Capt) 2 Nicolas Vicentin 3 Anders Rowe 4 Luke Harris 5 Henry Atkins 6 Zack Cook 7 Saul Bulley

PLYMOUTH: 1 Ben Barker 2 Adam Extance 3 Ben Wilson 4 Richard Andrews (Capt) 5 Danny Ayres 6 Jamie Bursill 7 Adam Sheppard 

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Doing the Somerset vs Plymouth challenge. Not sure if Barker thinks he should not be racing that was just Redcars views of his off track issues.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Newcastle up next....another 'winnable' meeting :t:

Would think so especially with Paco moving up and Ash Morris dropping in at reserve, he must be looking forward to getting a bucket load of points.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Would think so especially with Paco moving up and Ash Morris dropping in at reserve, he must be looking forward to getting a bucket load of points.

I didn't know that about 'Ash' …. but that really is like a 'new' signing !?

He's becoming hard to catch around PB......

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Snooze you lose in the averages out today we have 2 points less to replace zach unless we wait till July .

We only have Newcastle at home before July, so no big deal really?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

No disrespect intended towards Newcastle.....I'm sure they'll be a tough nut to crack...My comment leans more towards the fact that we only have 1 meeting before July : )))))

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

No not at all  that is what i thought is there likely to be any more movement in our averages by that date ? I do not mind them taking there time tbh . I know a lot of people do not like R/R but for a couple of meetings its OK . Few more quid for our other riders covering his rides hopefully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

No not at all  that is what i thought is there likely to be any more movement in our averages by that date ? I do not mind them taking there time tbh . I know a lot of people do not like R/R but for a couple of meetings its OK . Few more quid for our other riders covering his rides hopefully. 

Hope Ash is keeping fit, because 7 rides from 15 is a tall order ! :t: he'll need '2' up to speed bikes .....

If I was the manager, I'd be carefully plotting/creating(in advance) a few gaps in the meeting for him to recover sufficiently?

On 6/9/2019 at 11:54 PM, JackJack said:

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Birmingham meeting, the one against Somerset at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Birmingham has to offer.

Just quoting this as they've just been made visible

Edited by JackJack

There is a Travelodge about half a mile from the stadium near to Perry park. It's actually opposite Wickes (sandicliffe ford garage, may be Bristol st now?). i would imagine there is parking at the hotel. It will take you 5-8 mins to walk to the stadium from the hotel depending on how quickly you walk. £16.50 in to see the match and £3? a programme? See you in July! 

• Like 1

There is also a small hotel only a matter of about 200 yards from the stadium, the Park Hotel. There is a car park at the stadium run by the GRA who make a charge of £2.50, but free parking is available at the One Stop shopping centre opposite the stadium. Parking there is normally limited to 3 hours, but this restriction is waived on speedway nights from 7pm onwards.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

• Like 1