British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

Telephone number for Perry Barr Travelodge is 0333 014 6269. Cost for a twin bedroom is £69 but there are often deals available. I think this is a different hotel to the one mentioned earlier as the address is given as Aldridge Road, Perry Barr - which is the same road that the stadium is in. This place is about 400 yards from the speedway.

Hope this is useful.

• Like 1

The Travelodge hotel is literally  just off the Aldridge Road on Tameside Way next to the Trust Ford Dealership. I stayed in this hotel when we had our bathroom done, it was fairly new when we stayed, just did the job. Theres parking at the hotel which is sheltered, so your car feels more secure. Must also say theres a cafe right next door called the Lodge cafe which has a good reputation locally ( 25 reviews of 4.6/5 on Google).

As others have said its within walking distance of stadium, turn left at Wickes then a 10/15 min walk down a straight road you cant miss the stadium. Finally ive got to mention if you turn right as you come out of Tameside way/Aldridge Road and walk past Perry Park and the motorway bridge you have the Boars Head which does a World Food buffet, its superb the times ive been. Even the Brummies team went there after Press and Practice this season!  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the bits of advice... I've looked and all hotels within walking distance have no rooms available!! But since that shopping centre is within walking distance, might park my car there nice and early as the Premier Inn at Great Barr has rooms available... Too far to walk, thanks again and looking forward for my first speedway meeting at Birmingham (That I can remember)

Question... If I park my car at the shopping centre at 6, I'd be alright leaving it there until after the meeting

• Like 1

No pre match build up from the promotion once again? Is the PR element from the club slipping or are they bracing for another rain off?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No pre match build up from the promotion once again? Is the PR element from the club slipping or are they bracing for another rain off?

It's hard to fathom but since a lot of the media has been farmed out to Mr Pearson's Company (correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way it looks) I guess that we have to wait politely in the queue and end up with something too little and too late.

It's a shame that when you have outstanding servants like Brian Buck around and great support from local Radio and Press that we can't bring it "in house" and sharpen it up.

The Clubs that are doing that are tending to be the ones that lead the way media and PR wise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's hard to fathom but since a lot of the media has been farmed out to Mr Pearson's Company (correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way it looks) I guess that we have to wait politely in the queue and end up with something too little and too late.

It's a shame that when you have outstanding servants like Brian Buck around and great support from local Radio and Press that we can't bring it "in house" and sharpen it up.

The Clubs that are doing that are tending to be the ones that lead the way media and PR wise.

Very true in all fairness Lee Kilby switching his allegiances to Swindon have had a factor too as he was doing some positive work in the previous seasons.

• Like 2

There has been plenty of promotion on Facebook and Twitter. We have never put anything on the main site until the day before.

I’ve raised this question several times with Ryan who is responsible for the output and basically, the club has such good coverage in the local press and local radio, that they have  to give those outlets first chance, to go by their deadlines then, the club does  its own press releases 

I’ve repeatedly said that I feel  that this is missing a trick and not giving the club the best publicity as many people don’t receive the local newspapers or, listen to WM radio but I’m told this is the way it is gonna be 

still feel that this policy severely limits things any when people can’t find anything on the official site until less than 22 hours before the meeting, gives the impression, wrongly, that nothing is happening or that the club doesn’t  care. 

Not releasing the news of Zach’s replacement being a classic case in point. I’m led to believe the deal was done and the rider signed ages ago but, we MIGHT get  to hear it about 17.00 tonight, a mere 22 hours or so before he makes his debut 

we are  fans, not mushrooms yet we are kept in the dark and fed on bullrubbish far too often as in power cuts etc etc 

very poor public relations in my opinion 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, the hobbit said:

s

Not releasing the news of Zach’s replacement being a classic case in point. I’m led to believe the deal was done and the rider signed ages ago but, we MIGHT get  to hear it about 17.00 tonight, a mere 22 hours or so before he makes his debut 

Seems that you need to find some other source to listen to.

Deleted

Edited by Dickie Head

On 6/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, GiveusaB said:

No disrespect intended towards Newcastle.....I'm sure they'll be a tough nut to crack...My comment leans more towards the fact that we only have 1 meeting before July : )))))

Newcastle might even be a bigger nut for you to crack now. Just shows in speedway how things can change in a short space of time. Hope your riders are back fit soon as Ash will be a trump card at reserve.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, guitar_art said:

There has been plenty of promotion on Facebook and Twitter. We have never put anything on the main site until the day before.

Well may be we should start to ???

• Like 2

Broc Nicol ? (Great choice)....Connor Coles?(would've gone for Danyon Hume) ....Charles Wright ???( Not sure about that one...) be surprised if Wright hits double figures!

Max Clegg could be the match winner for Newcastle imo....