British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

35 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

Danyon has a CL average so is NOT a 2 point rider 

Thank you :t:

Connor is a very promising young rider and I was impressed with him last season when he rode at PB......so in hindsight, I think it's a great choice tonight... I wish him well.

Fair to say I think that any Promotion needs "luck" and for a variety of reasons Mason's not getting any at moment on or off the track.

Wish them well as tonight will be a tough sell at the Turnstiles for floating fans.

Question:  Why were Birmingham allowed to sign Adam Ellis when he already had other commitments on Wednesdays, what's worse he's your undisputed number 1.

21 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Question:  Why were Birmingham allowed to sign Adam Ellis when he already had other commitments on Wednesdays, what's worse he's your undisputed number 1.

That’s speedway ,plenty of guests to fill missing riders.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Fair to say I think that any Promotion needs "luck" and for a variety of reasons Mason's not getting any at moment on or off the track.

Wish them well as tonight will be a tough sell at the Turnstiles for floating fans.

Luck ??? not sure what sort of luck ??? 

I think David and Peter are being let down by fans....not luck.....they're giving us what we've been asking for and B'ham fans are not backing the club like they were probably led to believe?

Lets face it....speedway is a very hard product to sell these days, especially in a City as big as B'ham (lots of competition) and not much interest from local communities! just my opinion!?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

We need to see a list of other meetings that he's not available for, before we can pass judgement on that one?

• Like 1

Well that was hugely entertaining! Big, big congratulations to the people who prepared such a wonderful track with all the rain we've had here recently. Marvelous result from Wright, and some great action from Paco, Nicol (the kid is positively mad, can we have more of him if opportunity arises?), and Shanes. Coles and Aarnio also showed great commitment. After Heat 1 I was worried that Worrall would remain unbeaten all night... But then Paco happened! The guests have still definitely offered some good racing.

This was a great advertisement for Brummie speedway. Well done everyone!

• Like 5

On 6/18/2019 at 7:12 PM, guitar_art said:

Seems that you need to find some other source to listen to.

Seems so but as the info and from a club sponsor, I’d have expected them to have hit it correct !!!!

22 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Nothing on the main website about the Fours today ??? who's our quartet ???

No word about why Shanes and Paco were absent? I know Brum are in an injury crisis but that was a woeful quartet.

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No word about why Shanes and Paco were absent? I know Brum are in an injury crisis but that was a woeful quartet.

Shanes was in the Semi final of the European Grass track. ( which he won),  which takes precedence and Paco was recalled by the Italian  Federation for a three day event which they wouldn’t release him from

Stoneman and Morris both got injured on Monday and were not fit to ride 

Zac Wajtknecht retired 

we only had two riders fit / available

a joke!!!!

Edited by the hobbit
  • Thanks 1

Don't see why this situation should be described as a "joke." If a club has only two fit/available riders then it can't track a four-man team - and mercifully, guest riders aren't allowed in this competition.

The outcome would've still been the same had we had our strongest 4 out …. imo !?

I don't think we should dwell on it, or have need to judge/comment.....it was what it was ?

Looking forward to the announcement of Zach's replacement and hopefully another home win against Glasgow!

You have to hand it to the Brummies Spin Doctors, turning a stone cold last finish into "Brummies were knocked out in the semi-final stages

That's as near to a silk purse that a sows ear can ever be turned into. :D    

• Like 1