British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

So, we will soon be finding out who we are signing as Zach's replacement?

I'm putting my money on Ben Barker !? (hopefully)

He's signed for Scunthorpe for at least a month anyway

• Like 1

Going by Stewart Dickson's comments when interviewed at last night's Leicester meeting, it sounded as though Danyon Hume might be coming your way. When asked about Lions vacancy at reserve he said Hume's average was too high for Lions ,but understood he'd signed for a club not far away, which putting 2+2 together & Birmingham being the nearest to Leicester  means he might be your man.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, Richard Weston said:

Makes me dizzy, having done it before but many will enjoy --still a good idea from Brummies = selling something that is rarely available to most fans.

Having had the privilege of being very close to the action for a few years now, it still amazes me how close these guys ride to each other, especially when their chasing the back wheel. The speeds entering and exiting a corner is unbelievable, must have absolute trust in each other.  An excellent addition to a nights racing for the fans, worth every penny to watch from the middle.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Going by Stewart Dickson's comments when interviewed at last night's Leicester meeting, it sounded as though Danyon Hume might be coming your way. When asked about Lions vacancy at reserve he said Hume's average was too high for Lions ,but understood he'd signed for a club not far away, which putting 2+2 together & Birmingham being the nearest to Leicester  means he might be your man.

If it is Danyon, then it looks like we're struggling for 'funds' ?

I'm happy to see him back at PB, but I think he'll find it tough going at this level....hope he can stay injury free!

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

If it is Danyon, then it looks like we're struggling for 'funds' ?

I'm happy to see him back at PB, but I think he'll find it tough going at this level....hope he can stay injury free!

Don't see why he'd struggle, doing just as well in the NL as the likes of Kyle Bickley, Anders Rowe, Nathan Stoneman, Drew Kemp, Leon Flint etc... And much better than the likes of Danny Phillips and Connor Bailey

Plus he knows the Birmingham track well does he not?

• Like 1

Some very fickle fans out there. 

This is the same Danyon Hume who has been such a firm fans favourite ever since he joined us!!!  A 200% trier. 

I would have  him in my team every day if the year above Zach Wajtknecht!!!!

2 changes for the Birmingham, Hume has been brought in and so has Dane Nick Agertoft a think that’s how you spell it... let’s hope they have better luck with him than they did the other Dane.

Think you’ll find the Dane is lined up for next season. If it’s the lad from press and practice, he’s too young to race in Britain until next season but he looked really really quick and very very stylish 

might be a completely different Dane so will have to wait for the official club press release to be sure. 

Edited by the hobbit

2 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Think you’ll find the Dane is lined up for next season. If it’s the lad from press and practice, he’s too young to race in Britain until next season but he looked really really quick and very very stylish 

might be a completely different Dane so will have to wait for the official club press release to be sure. 

Oh right I just seen the announcement but it did say full story to follow so yeah could be the case. 

I think they were trying to hang on for barker until he signed for Scunthorpe kind of stuffing there plans up.

5 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

2 changes for the Birmingham, Hume has been brought in and so has Dane Nick Agertoft a think that’s how you spell it... let’s hope they have better luck with him than they did the other Dane.

I wouldn't get too excited

https://dt-speedway.dmusport.dk/ranglister?classID=782&divisionID=14

Jacob Bukhave 7.58

Tobias Thomsen 5.83

Nick Agertoft 4.80

29 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Some very fickle fans out there. 

This is the same Danyon Hume who has been such a firm fans favourite ever since he joined us!!!  A 200% trier. 

I would have  him in my team every day if the year above Zach Wajtknecht!!!!

Not sure why the word 'fickle' has been used?

I'd also have Danyon over Zach any day of the week!

Birmingham were never ever going to sign Ben Barker. He asked for a team spot but was turned down. Far to much off track baggage as far as the management were concerned !!!

that deal was muted and rejected as soon as Ben was released by Redcar 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Not sure why the word 'fickle' has been used?

I'd also have Danyon over Zach any day of the week!

Wasn’t Hume averaging nearly 4 when he was at Ipswich I’m sure he can get to that again if he has an injury free spell.

3 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Birmingham were never ever going to sign Ben Barker. He asked for a team spot but was turned down. Far to much off track baggage as far as the management were concerned !!!

that deal was muted and rejected as soon as Ben was released by Redcar 

Oh right I didn’t know that, that’s pretty good off the promotion in fairness if they don’t want anyone with a bad reputation. They seem like they are trying to improve things since they’ve taken over which can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

I'm delighted to see Danyon Hume back in Brummies colours, hes played such an important part in our NL seasons and hes an out and out trier. I think he can do a good job in the championship, hes shown that already when he rode for Ipswich.

Im not sure about the Agertoft signing if im honest. I think its a massive gamble considering already this season the signing of Thomsen didnt work. At P+P day Agertoft did impress me and looked better than Thomsen so we will see if can look as fast in meetings. At least now we have strong reserves in Ashley Morris and Danyon Hume so theres always the option of using them more if he finds it tough. Good luck to him and I hope he does do well.