British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

44 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

Think you’ll find the Dane is lined up for next season.

Might be sooner than you think, depending upon the outcome of medical tests on Terro Aarnio, who had a bad fall in Poland yesterday. Originally a suspected broken arm, but no breaks were found in the xray, but there's bound to be other damage there.

15 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

I'm delighted to see Danyon Hume back in Brummies colours, hes played such an important part in our NL seasons and hes an out and out trier. I think he can do a good job in the championship, hes shown that already when he rode for Ipswich.

Im not sure about the Agertoft signing if im honest. I think its a massive gamble considering already this season the signing of Thomsen didnt work. At P+P day Agertoft did impress me and looked better than Thomsen so we will see if can look as fast in meetings. At least now we have strong reserves in Ashley Morris and Danyon Hume so theres always the option of using them more if he finds it tough. Good luck to him and I hope he does do well.

Certainly makes a strong reserve pairing, bit hard on Stoneman and explains why he was over trying at Mildenhall yesterday. Glad to see Danyon fixed up though and taken a bit too long in my opinion. 

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Has Stoneman been dropped ???

Yup. Now full story released to confirm. Morris & Hume at reserve looks pretty useful , much tougher ask for the new guy Agertoft and not just to get the spelling right. Hopefully he can tuck in at number 2 for the first couple of meetings to help him find his feet.

I’m shocked. That 5 point average will be way out of reach and unless they show far more patience with him than they did with Tobias Thomsen, he won’t last any longer than Tobias did!!!

i think the club have done the dirty on Stoneman who rode his heart out in the few meetings he did and certainly didn’t deserve this treatment!!! 

according to the latest greensheets on the BSPA website, it will be James and Danyon at reserve with Ashley in the top five.  An extremely strong reserve pairing but I hope they are physically fit as they will certainly be covering many of the new Danes rides !!!

Tobias being on a 5 and  in the main body of the team worked against him and I saw flashes of a good rider in there but the club couldn’t/ wouldn’t wait for him to drop down to reserve so I hope they are more patient/ tolerant this time around or it could go badly again 

very tough on Nathan Stoneman who arrived with some very good performances and on occasions looked capable of not only scoring points v other reserves but also a few opposition 2nd strings and heat leaders. 

Much as I like Danyon and think he deserves a chance is he any better than Nathan??

Danish lad a huge step in to the unknown!

Personally i think Danyon is an improvement on Nathan. His equipment is better, his style is better & his gating is better. Nathan is an out and out racer who gets a lot of his results by having big coconuts, this brings big scalps but also big offs and with Shanes already taking that role in the team do Brum need another rider of that style. Add in that Brum like a team of riders who are easier to manage and its a no brainer. What the Dane is like who knows much will depend if he has the grit but as there are no British riders on a 5ish average that are missing out i dont object to the gamble on him.

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Might be sooner than you think, depending upon the outcome of medical tests on Terro Aarnio, who had a bad fall in Poland yesterday. Originally a suspected broken arm, but no breaks were found in the xray, but there's bound to be other damage there.

Aarnio is not riding for Belle Vue tonight.

Edited by Col

3 hours ago, HGould said:

very tough on Nathan Stoneman who arrived with some very good performances and on occasions looked capable of not only scoring points v other reserves but also a few opposition 2nd strings and heat leaders. 

Much as I like Danyon and think he deserves a chance is he any better than Nathan??

Danish lad a huge step in to the unknown!

I  would think Stoneman stands a good chance of replacing Jack Thomas at Leicester ,they can only replace Thomas with 2.49 or less, so Stoneman would fit the bill.

• Like 1

Feel for Nathan !

Like I said earlier....these moves have obviously been done with a budget in mind!? That's fair enough!

On 7/1/2019 at 8:54 AM, bloom89 said:

Wasn’t Hume averaging nearly 4 when he was at Ipswich I’m sure he can get to that again if he has an injury free spell.

That is what has cost him a place in the champs  this year his average i think was just under 4 averaging nearly six at Ipswich injury free he will do well entertaining to watch as well.

I met Nick Agertoft at the Horsens GP a few years back when he was Danish under 15 champion, he's a fantastic kid and hope he does well for the Brummies. I followed his career since and he's hopefully heading to the top, so really hope it works out for him

I  heard Rogers on the Speedway tavern last night who said he made no tactical changes vs Glasgow because it would of made no difference. Now if i was in charge i would sack to guy on the spot for that comment. That is a absolutely awful attitude not just in speedway or sport but in life . What does that say to the riders ? what if the supporters took the same attitude ? were not gonna win so why bother going ?  Its with this attitude and mentality probably why he has won ZERO in his whole speedway career. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I  heard Rogers on the Speedway tavern last night who said he made no tactical changes vs Glasgow because it would of made no difference. Now if i was in charge i would sack to guy on the spot for that comment. That is a absolutely awful attitude not just in speedway or sport but in life . What does that say to the riders ? what if the supporters took the same attitude ? were not gonna win so why bother going ?  Its with this attitude and mentality probably why he has won ZERO in his whole speedway career. 

Lawrence is a good/nice guy, but may be not the best tactically...?

He's not had much luck since he's been at PB with injuries to key riders etc....

I'd question the tactical reasons behind Agertoft signing? but it could purely be down to lack of finances and we only have 'low' attendances to blame for that!?

39 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

we had one like that @ workington .  . your post echoes my and many others thoughts .

Edited by jenga
Do I need a reason ?
  • Like 1