British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham Brummies 2019

No thread for the meeting tonight but you missed a good Brummies performance albeit with a couple of the guests scoring well. Paco was excellent value and very pleased with his wins and Agertoft had one good ride and showed flashes of being a decent prospect.

• Thanks 1

TBH Brummies only ambition this year is to survive & avoid the Wooden Spoon. May as well keep Agertoft, Castagna & Shanes give them more experience.  Get Agertoft an average which means he starts at reserve next year where he shouod be able to do a job.

What would remain team building points wise including those three?

10 hours ago, HGould said:

Don't think it's fickle going to every home meeting and 75% of away matches. Heavy thundery rain is forecast and my plans for tomorrow involving one of sons cricket team up near Newcastle where he lives; also in massive doubt, so I prefer to sit this one out.

Good meeting with no fickle fans attending despite the fact that not one drop of rain fell anywhere near the track.

Forecast rain in Newcastle tomorrow so you not going? Support your son, support your team!

Brummies strengthened by two ex Bears were decent opposition and kept it interesting .

whilst the racing was good that mascot Bear dancing with the kids from Chernobyl was amazing, worth the entrance fee alone.

Cant wait for my next visit to Redcar, always produces good racing despite the forecasts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guessing team rebuild limit is 40 considering the recently redeclared septets are pretty close to that?

Garrity and Wallinger been signed to replace Morris and Hume.

• Sad 1

Just now, bloom89 said:

Garrity and Wallinger been signed to replace Morris and Hume.

Is Ashley crocked long term?.   So the fanfare for Hume’s return didn’t last long.    

Only 3/7 of starting septet remain - sums up the British speedway merry go round perfectly.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Is Ashley crocked long term?.   So the fanfare for Hume’s return didn’t last long.    

Only 3/7 of starting septet remain - sums up the British speedway merry go round perfectly.  

I’ve no idea just seen the announcement before. 

Yeah it’s a tough one it’s not nice hiring and firing riders but you need a competitive team to keep the crowds coming in.

18 minutes ago, The H Man said:

The statement says they are awaiting news of a private scan, so they don't know whether it's long term, short term, mid term, half term (:P) or what.

I think most people predicted that the original 1-7 wouldn't last too long, the fact that they also say "this may not be the end of changes" suggests only one or two of the original septet will last in a Brummies bib until the end of the season.

I will be making my first visit to Perry Barr soon, could anybody tell me the best place to park as I will have my disabled grand-daughter with me who can only walk short distances.

Many thanks Steve

You can park in the main stadium car park and the entry point is from the car park. The GRA charge £3 I think to park there. You can park for free at the one stop shopping centre but that will be a walk across the main roads and may not be suitable for someone who cannot walk far.

Didn't think the initial 1-7 would last but I thought one of the following 28 attempts would! Main Man strikes once more.

Its a no brainer in my opinion to make a change for Ashley if hes gonna be out for much longer. I feel for him as he was just coming into form when he had the crash but its coming up to the transfer deadline and a very busy time for the Brummies. Now Aarnio is back, I think rider replacement or a guest makes us a lot weaker. Happy with Garrity. 

I would have changed Agertoft rather than Hume, as I don't think there's much between them. Agertoft if he gates looks quick but hasnt really scored well yet, he may come good when he drops at reserve. Wallinger isn't a bad signing.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, S4r4h said:

You can park in the main stadium car park and the entry point is from the car park. The GRA charge £3 I think to park there. You can park for free at the one stop shopping centre but that will be a walk across the main roads and may not be suitable for someone who cannot walk far.

Thank You